Drunk History Lol GIF

• Haha
Reactions: cdh027

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I think it's worth noting that mfs will spend ungodly amounts of money on the chiropractor and go home to sleep on a saggy ass 20 year old mattress somebody's grandma gave them and wearing flat ass work boots with no arch talking bout be a man and on a 15 lb restriction from the last time they "fucked themselves up" at work.
Chiropractors are snake oil salesmen.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
So we just went to the store and did the instore presentation thing. We liked the i8 a lot as thats what my brother and 2 other friends have.
My only issue and I have some research to do today. We get a 100 day trial, if for any reason we dont like it, we can return it, no questions asked.
However, thats only the mattress, we are stuck with the adjustable frame which is $3k and the headboard/bed surround which is $2k. The salesman said all companies that sell their version of the Sleep Number are exactly the same, your only allowed to return the mattress.

He did tell me the headboard and bed surround is made by Bernhardt. They are a high end furniture dealer who I have an excellent relationship with. I store and deliver all their demo furniture and have been doing so for 6-7yrs, they have been a customers of ours for 20yrs. I'm going to fire off an email to the lead Chgo rep and ask her if she can get me that for cost or near cost.
Did you look at the iLE? That seems a better BF deal and slightly better mattress?

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Did you look at the iLE? That seems a better BF deal and slightly better mattress?
We did as it was like $300 or $400 cheaper. The i8 had like 2-3 more zones of contouring. We laid on the i5, i8, iLE, and one other that might have been memory foam. We liked the i8 the best. We didn’t want to lay on the i10 though in fear we would like that one the best lol. That one was like $1200 more.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Am I seeing this right, 7+ for a bed with all their bullshit they make you buy?
Yup, my current mattress was $1500ish maybe more and it sucks
The Sleep Number is a tough pill to swallow for sure. But good sleep and a pain free back is priceless imo. 0% for 36 months does help ease the pain a little lol.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
That's my feeling. I had them put me back into place one time and for the next few days shit was moving all over as it settled back in. I can't imagine that's better on things than trying to maintain a better alignment to begin with is.
I had severe back spasms where my back would lock up and I wouldn't be able to move for several minutes at a time until the pressure in my back would calm down. I had a buddy of mine take me to a chiropractor he knew and he put me on a cox table (IIRC). It's basically a bed you lay down on, and your upper and lower torso are strapped in. Then it's mm stretching. It goes for a mm, stays for about a minute or so, then releases, then 2 mm, so on and so on. Up to 5mm for the first time. After it was done, my back was sore (as if all the pressure released) but I've never had back pain like that again. It's been about 20 years and I still haven't had that same kind of back pain. I could use an adjustment every now and then but that shit helped me out a lot.

There's some chiropractors that are the sneaky snakes but there are legitimate ones who know what they're doing. I've seen and followed some on YouTube that definitely know what they're doing and what they're talking about. But 1 adjustment every blue moon isn't going to help. It's best to go often to see results. Just my personal experience.

As for mattresses. I just have some $2K mattress I bought back in 2015 that although it's comfortable, it's not entirely great for sleep. I've been wanting to look into something good as well. Especially for my kids. I don't want them growing up with the same back issues I've had.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So just adding to this thread as I have now had my Sleep Number for about 3 months. I'll continue to update every few months if my opinion changes
Is it the "best sleep you will ever have" as they claim, absolutely fucking not. My Wife and I dont hate it, but we dont love it either, mainly due to cost. $4k-$5k all in and I would be singing a different tune, but close to $10k all in its not worth it in mine or my Wifes opinions. Granted we could have saved around $2k not getting the headboard and bed surround, but fuck that, it looks like shit without it. Again we got it at 0% over 3yrs, so getting the headboard and bed surround was a no brainer for us.

My back pain from my old mattress is gone, so thats a plus. However, I do wake up with a stiff back sometimes, its not painful but just stiff if that makes sense.
My Wife and I both toss and turn more than before. Not sure if its due to just not finding our sweet spot yet or what, maybe that will change. The bed does kinda force you to be more of a back sleeper which is fine by me. I was more of a side sleeper and now I'm beginning to be more of a back sleeper. However, I do have more episodes with my Bi-Pap machine, probably due to sleeping on my back. I gotta find the sweet spot to raise my head I believe. Nothing alarming about the episodes, just a few more per hour. My Wife has always been a stomach sleeper, now she is more of a side sleeper and some back sleep, and very rarely on her stomach. The adjustable base is very cool, especially for watching tv, reading or surfing the web. We havent really fucked in too many of the positions of the adjustable base yet, but I will say fucking in the zero gravity bed position is nice. Also the zero gravity is nice to just lay there for 30-60 minutes. We tried sleeping that way and never again lol.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So just adding to this thread as I have now had my Sleep Number for about 3 months. I'll continue to update every few months if my opinion changes
Is it the "best sleep you will ever have" as they claim, absolutely fucking not. My Wife and I dont hate it, but we dont love it either, mainly due to cost. $4k-$5k all in and I would be singing a different tune, but close to $10k all in its not worth it in mine or my Wifes opinions. Granted we could have saved around $2k not getting the headboard and bed surround, but fuck that, it looks like shit without it. Again we got it at 0% over 3yrs, so getting the headboard and bed surround was a no brainer for us.

My back pain from my old mattress is gone, so thats a plus. However, I do wake up with a stiff back sometimes, its not painful but just stiff if that makes sense.
My Wife and I both toss and turn more than before. Not sure if its due to just not finding our sweet spot yet or what, maybe that will change. The bed does kinda force you to be more of a back sleeper which is fine by me. I was more of a side sleeper and now I'm beginning to be more of a back sleeper. However, I do have more episodes with my Bi-Pap machine, probably due to sleeping on my back. I gotta find the sweet spot to raise my head I believe. Nothing alarming about the episodes, just a few more per hour. My Wife has always been a stomach sleeper, now she is more of a side sleeper and some back sleep, and very rarely on her stomach. The adjustable base is very cool, especially for watching tv, reading or surfing the web. We havent really fucked in too many of the positions of the adjustable base yet, but I will say fucking in the zero gravity bed position is nice. Also the zero gravity is nice to just lay there for 30-60 minutes. We tried sleeping that way and never again lol.
Was just going to ask you about this again actually....

Wife has been waking up in pain and thinking a change in mattress might be in order, just using a $550 Amazon memory foam one right now, but imagine the adjustability of the sleep number bed might help her.

Wouldnt be buying the adjustable frame or any of that stuff though.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Was just going to ask you about this again actually....

Wife has been waking up in pain and thinking a change in mattress might be in order, just using a $550 Amazon memory foam one right now, but imagine the adjustability of the sleep number bed might help her.

Wouldnt be buying the adjustable frame or any of that stuff though.
I believe the mattress has a trial period, so if you dont like it you can return it. However I'm stuck with the base, headboard and bed surround, none of that has a trial period

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I believe the mattress has a trial period, so if you dont like it you can return it. However I'm stuck with the base, headboard and bed surround, none of that has a trial period
I guess my big question is does it feel like a "camping mattress" to you and the wife?

I always assumed thats how it would feel so couldnt justify the price. Maybe I just need to take my ass to the select number store and lay on one some day....

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I guess my big question is does it feel like a "camping mattress" to you and the wife?

I always assumed thats how it would feel so couldnt justify the price. Maybe I just need to take my ass to the select number store and lay on one some day....
Nope and we have slept on air mattresses while camping before. Go to the store on 59 and do the demonstration.

Reactions: FESTER665

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

I always assumed that's how it would feel so couldn't justify the price. Maybe I just need to take my ass to the select number store and lay on one some day....
While you're at the store, make sure to test out having sex while in the zero gravity position. Bringing a partner with is optional.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
We havent really fucked in too many of the positions of the adjustable base yet, but I will say fucking in the zero gravity bed position is nice. Also the zero gravity is nice to just lay there for 30-60 minutes. We tried sleeping that way and never again lol.

This needs to be a review on their website.

Thread Info