• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

When wars break out over water, here is where shit will go down

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Judging by the map, essentially the entire east coat and west coast are coming this way, so imagine this area with LA and NY's populations added to it.

But it's not as if we can't desalinate seawater...it's just expensive and energy inefficient right now.

Build modern nuclear plants, that don't have the meltdown capability of the 50's tech reactors that most of the US has right now, and you have your energy problem for desalinization solved. People see nuclear as too dirty though.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Except Im guessing if it got to that point it would either be people not being civil so good luck getting top dollar, or government is going to take over anyway and just take your shit...

In either case itll be long after Im dead so "meh"....

No fear of any of that with TCG militia in full force! :ar::ar::ar:

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Placing an order now, bout time I put my FOID to use

Screenshot_20181017-150802_Chrome.jpeg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Ive thought at least since HighSchool EVERYTHING should be Hydrogen powered.

Cars, Buildings, everything.

Ibe argued it a few times here in the past also.

Hydrogen tech just isnt there yet...

However have patience grasshoppa its coming.

I've got my money on molten salt nuclear reactors. No new technology necessary, runs cleaner than nuclear does today (which is still super clean.) They are incredibly efficient, incredibly safe, and they will actually run off existing nuclear waste, solving a major shortfall of current nuclear energy and ridding us of existing nuclear waste stockpiles.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
We have water...Africa and CA do not....so......people are going to want it.

So you foresee californians leaving their homes and coming to the midwest to fight for water? Pretty sure that's not how things will play out

And you know the majority of africa isn't leaving the continent in search for water. Even right now (not in post-apocalyptic drought mode) most don't have the means to do so

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
But it's not as if we can't desalinate seawater...it's just expensive and energy inefficient right now.

Build modern nuclear plants, that don't have the meltdown capability of the 50's tech reactors that most of the US has right now, and you have your energy problem for desalinization solved. People see nuclear as too dirty though.

because of all that smoke coming form the towers :s00ls:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Oddly, I think "salt polution" could be the polution that people don't actually see. I wouldn't be surprised if the salinity of the oceans and other places is going up and fucking with stuff.

That's sort of been on the back of my mind, if we start seeing more wide spread desalinization. How do we measure ocean salinity? Do we put the the salt from the desalinization process back into the ocean? I mean, the water cycle, in theory, should be putting fresh water eventually back into the oceans. And I don't think we need THAT much sea salt on our food :rofl:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
That's sort of been on the back of my mind, if we start seeing more wide spread desalinization. How do we measure ocean salinity? Do we put the the salt from the desalinization process back into the ocean? I mean, the water cycle, in theory, should be putting fresh water eventually back into the oceans. And I don't think we need THAT much sea salt on our food :rofl:

Don't forget that we are MINING salt and freeing it into the world just like we do with carbon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info