đź’¦ Detailing Wheel/Rim Polish recommendations

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I went through the cleaner thread, didn't see anything, but also felt having a dedicated polish thread would be cleaner...

With that said, the Camaro SS's will be coming off the G8 shortly and I wanted recommendations on a good polish. I think I used the Black Forest (or whatever the name is) that I used on the cat itself last year.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I went through the cleaner thread, didn't see anything, but also felt having a dedicated polish thread would be cleaner...

With that said, the Camaro SS's will be coming off the G8 shortly and I wanted recommendations on a good polish. I think I used the Black Forest (or whatever the name is) that I used on the cat itself last year.
Are they aluminum? If so and your doing it by hand, I've always had good results with Never Dull, thats assuming they arent trashed to begin with.

If trashed, I've had good results with the Wolfgang kit. I usually use my 3" polisher when doing the Wolfgang though.
Once a year, I'll hit all my trim on my 71 with steps 2 and 3.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
No, they aren't trashed. They're minty fresh and get wiped down after every drive. I'm just OCD. With the thinner spokes, I just do it by hand.

20230617_145920[1].jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Correct, they don't.

Like I said in the original post, last year I used the polish I used on the car itself. Just curious of there is something better.
I would start with the most mild thing you have before you start buying new products. You don't want to use an aggressive compound and wear away the protective clear coat.

First use IronX or something similar to make sure any brake dust and iron contamination is removed. That alone makes a surprising difference in how clean and glossy the wheels look. Then go from there. I've used mild swirl remover type polishes on my black wheels on my Boss 302 with good results.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, these were new when I got them (take-off's from a new Camaro) and like I say, they get wiped down daily. So they are mint. They will get cleaned (obviously) as there are parts of the wheels I can't get when they're on, like the backsides of the spokes or part of the wheel drum, but nonetheless. They turned out nice with the polish I used last year, just curious if there is something better.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
LikeABauce302 LikeABauce302 what ceramic coating do you suggest for say, a machined and painted wheel

View attachment 201568
I would just browse autogeek. There are so many products available now and most of them work pretty well for a car that only sees nice weather days and seasonal driving. I like Pinnacle Black Label products. I've used their ceramic coatings and thought they were easy to apply and durability was pretty good.

Thread Info