Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Wifey went to the city and got me Rican food. But I think Tequila will be my dinner.
Accupuria
Pastellios
Steak Jibarito w/rice

IMG_5261.jpeg

IMG_5260.jpeg

IMG_5259.jpeg

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Nad Tatrami in Monee - highly recommend

Made reservations online and arrived with no issues. Great food and ambience.

Appetizer - Pierogis (potato & cheese)
Entrees -
  • Wife - Chicken Kiev with potato cakes and cucumber salad
  • Myself - Beef Goulash with potato cakes and cucumber salad
Dessert - Kolaskis (only disappointing part of the meal, would think they are day old bakery / store bought)

1705803982740.jpeg

From Tuesday night, but it was killer. From a Polish place called Nad Tatrami in Monee. I was surprised to find a (very good) polish place in Monee of all places.

Sausage, sauerkraut, cabbage roll, potato pancake, and pierogi. All made in house.

View attachment 133889

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Nad Tatrami in Monee - highly recommend

Made reservations online and arrived with no issues. Great food and ambience.

Appetizer - Pierogis (potato & cheese)
Entrees -
  • Wife - Chicken Kiev with potato cakes and cucumber salad
  • Myself - Beef Goulash with potato cakes and cucumber salad
Dessert - Kolaskis (only disappointing part of the meal, would think they are day old bakery / store bought)

View attachment 194427

That looks killer. I've only ever done the polish plate there but I'll have to do that next time. Love that place.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Is that a little well done for Prime Rib? SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me you buying people prime rib for their B Day?
If so my B day is tomorrow
Shawn, I would be honored to take you out for [a reasonable] dinner for your birthday. It's only credit, right? Can't take it with me, but I can pass the debt on to others!

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Meatloaf. I wanted to smoke it but my shitbox masterbuilt wouldn't light, so I baked it. More BBQ inspired - has some BBQ sauce in the mix, and mixed BBQ sauce and ketchup to do the glaze.

Veggies are a bit sad looking, but tasted great. I microwaved a bag of stir fry vegetables and then tossed them in a sauce pot with Teriyaki marinade, butter, and a little brown sugar. Great taste, but wish I would have really stir-fried the shit out of them. I spent all my time thinking about the meatloaf and at the last second thought "Oh fuck, I need a side too"

View attachment 193065

Made smash burgers and sauteed the same mixed veggies in teriyaki sauce. Of course I ate before taking any after photos.

I sauteed the veggies a lot further this time, and use Bachan's sauce(https://bachans.com/products/yuzu-japanese-barbecue-sauce). They had a more stir-fry look to them and were delicious.

Cook the veggies until soft(threw them right in a pan frozen), turn down the heat, add enough sauce to coat everything, and then simmer on low heat to let any residual sauce reduce and thicken up. Perfect teriyaki veggies.

1706491141272.png

Thread Info