🚘 Automotive whatd you do for your car today.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me
Snapchat-2028869106.jpg

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Are you using an interface?
Dude the thing comes with a canbus one similar to a nice pac setup for adding subs to a factory system. Up to 64 band eq and q settings for all frequency's. There's one connector I think I'm missing that keeps me from being able to shut off auto light control and I haven't quite figured out how to program the steering wheel buttons but that's pretty livable.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I don't know why the thing let's videos run while your driving. It knows damn well what gear it's in since it kicks into rear camera mode flawlessly and I'm shocked at the lack of nanny settings. It won't let me download actual Netflix to do what I intended but fully functional YouTube should be enough to keep the kids happy on adventures.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
And the rear screen is just a video coax out from the deck to the screen and I think there's a trigger wire or two in the cluster of wires coming out of the back out the thing. My fade from front to back doesn't seem to work but rear speakers do with the fronts but I think I can attribute that to the previous owner tying a signal processor to the speaker wires to the Bose sub to run the rcas he has in here. That'll have to get changed so I have independent sub and q control over those lines eventually too. And I need to get cameras run I wanna see if split screen mode is like the newish at4 trucks

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Slapped an eBay head unit in the Denali the other day. Went for one of the nicer ones so it mirrors on the DVD screen for the backseat and has front and rear cameras and all the dumb shit you'd expect in a newer truck. Painted that trim piece black because I couldn't stand the fake chinese woodgrain pattern on it and I kinda wish I'd have gone with flat black but I think it looks alright and sounds good enough with just the factory sub I haven't bothered to hook up my 12 inch kicker comp rt that's under the back seat yet.
View attachment 187675
I’m shocked your HVAC controls aren’t faded away

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Changed the plugs in the Denali today. Pulled out some stock heat range ngk platinums that ranged from .030 to .060 gap with worn electrodes and one center burned off cylinder 1. Stuck some stock Delco 41 962s back in it gapped to about .037, changed the oil, trimmed a cut bump stop that was holding tension against the passenger side upper control arm (dumbass redneck way of avoiding a couple hundred bucks in proper control arms but fuck), straightened up some shit in the front grill, headlights and hood (this things definitely had a new front end halfassedly put on it at some point I'm not sure how it has a clean title) figured out my power steering lines are leaking, and cleared all codes and did a trans adapt reset on it and once I got it warm I did an idle learn procedure.

Things never been so smooth, hopefully it was just airflow stuff causing the hang up and weird 2 3 shift. Not that I've bothered to drop the filter yet to try and help the pressure codes.

darkshadow04

Regular
TCG Premium
Mar 14, 2008
South Elgin
Dropped it off at Streetcar Shenanigans for some new axles and a pulley swap/tune. I don't trust myself enough to do the axle swap in my garage. I'd get 2/3 of the way though and find something wrong that wasn't covered in a youtube video and get stuck with a disassembled car and no way to move it.

PXL_20240414_162307370~2.jpg

Thread Info