Gaming What game are you currently playing?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I borrowed Borderlands 2. The visuals are really interesting. I'm digging the comic book look to it, it's different. I'm getting my ass kicked though. I'm used to COD type shooters where the guns are really accurate and have nice little red dots. Some of the guns in this game just wander all over the place. And lots of the bad guys take a ton of rounds before they go down.

I think I need to plan my attacks better instead of just running in and trying to shoot everyone. I think there is more strategy that I'm missing. I might watch a few youtube videos and see if I'm missing some integral part of the gameplay.

You are missing a rather integral part of the game play; It's a multi-player game, best played with 2 or more players (Resurrection system requires someone assisting you up).

Difficulty scales as you have more players, but 2 at the minimum honestly.

The Mechromancer, or Axton are the 2 classes that make soloing the game 'doable', since they have familiars to help you. But the other classes are MUCH harder to play alone as.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Sherry is going to be traveling for 9 days, so I plan on playing a ton.

What console are you on?

To add onto my other post, I primarily played as Zer0, and [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] played as the Mechromancer.

Between her familiar drawing Agro from the NPC's as the 'melee' class, then her in the mid-range with SMGs/rifles, and then myself at a distance sniping, we can rip through the story in a hurry.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
This is on XBO.

Also, to your comment about COD; this game plays more like Quake 3 or Fallout than a traditional Shooter to be honest. The characters special abilities can make or break a combat situation, and its much more "Run and Gun"

Think more about drawing aggression, and how to maximize your damage output, and avoiding being hit more than trying to be a sharp shooter.

*edit*

If you haven't gathered, this is one of my all-time favorite games.
[MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION] knows what I'm talking about.

Sadly, with Battleborn being a bit of a failure, I'm not sure if or when they will do a 4th entry in the game series. (BL 1, Pre-Sequel *released 3rd*, BL2)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I also struggle while looking through the guns and determining which ones I want to keep, and which ones I should toss. I use Axton (think that's his name) and I definitely use the turret when I can.

The fastest/easiest way to sort through guns as the game progresses is to just go by Level early on, and then color (rarity) once you are past like level 15/20.

Axton's skill tree's have a bias toward Rifles and Shotguns if I recall correctly? So that should probably be a focus.

Eventually you can cycle between 4 different guns. Given the variety, it often makes sense to have 2, or 3 of the same kind of firearm, but with different elements and/or styles (such as burst fire, or single pull, or full auto type ones).

Not sure it ever clearly explains who is squishy against what elements, but you can pull up the 'tree' of whats vulnerable against what online. That makes a big difference as well.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So Ive been farming monster parts to upgrage armor in BoTW.

Also started playing Player Unknowns Battlegrounds. Its weird to get the controls down, but it sure is fun. Its basically a 3rd, or 1st if you change perspective, shooter that is a video game version of the Hunger Games. 99 people, huge map, but it shrinks the map after certain times so it forces you into combat unless you get lucky and are inside the circle.

Its very fun and from what Ive read it will be on XBO I think by the end of the year? I actually hope for crossplay so I can play with a few people.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Playing Skyrim again but this time on the PS4 with Mods. Soo Stupid how much I've played this game I have it on the 360, PC Master Race, and PS4. lol.

All this BL2 talk! Fucking love that game. My GF and I have played through BL2 multiple times now and I've played it solo on the PC too. For guns early on just use whatever is highest level. later on I look at accuracy vs damage per clip and pick anything that does extra critical damage. I'm all about the Critical damage and multiplying that. My favorites are Snipers that shoot fast and have large clips. Some of the single or 2 shot shotguns are also my favorites because you can run up and shoot a guy in the head and do a complete clip of rocket launcher damage in a second. Plus if you get knocked down and need to get a kill a super high damage shotgun gets that kill quick.

BL2 is one of the only games that have split screen too. Sad that No new shooters have that option. I've hooked the 360 up to the TV just so we can play Halo and Halo 2 together on split screen.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Been playing Wolfenstein II The New Colossus and it's incredible.
The previous Wolfenstein game was fantastic and I didn't know if they could ever top it, but they have.

The game has some really good voice acting, great storyline and of course great gameplay. They really bring out the sinister evil of the Nazi's with some great acting which takes things to the next level. This game certainly sets the bar higher for all games of this genre.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
dem speeds, going to see what this is about after not playing for many months.

5eec475e8e.png

Thread Info