Went for an oil change... New truck

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Is the new Vette still on order?

I think this purchase is good. How does it ride? Light years better than the old dually? Comparable to half ton?

Finally, how is it around the corners at twice the recommended speed limit?

;)

Lol! It does drive better than the dually... But it's no air ride! I really enjoy the heavier "feeling" that a 3/4 or 1 ton has over a 1500. It just feels like a truck. The torque this thing makes is silly. Grunt and go. I'm pleased that they seem to have lessened the torque management in 1st gear as this truck has way more get up an go off the line than the 3500 did even when it was turned up.

I'm not going to lie either, I whipped a quick u-turn the other day and with the front tires only somewhat complaining about pulling the weight of the Cummins around the turn, she rode flat and turned pretty tight. Is give it a solid 9 of 10 for obnoxious maneuvering.

What Vette.... :io:

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Congrats! Where’s my twenny?

7D34709D-B483-4BCA-8F88-CE47681777D5.jpeg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Last week I'm on the way home from a sled trip, pulling my 30' enclosed alum trailer. About 300ish miles from home and I get a pop up on the dash that my DEF system needs service. It promptly goes away and I think little about it.

Keep driving and maybe another 50mi later, I get a more serious warning, this time telling me the damn truck is going into limp mode, limiting me to 5mph after 150mi further... so I immediately pull over and fill up on fuel and attempt to feed the truck more DEF, which it refuses, despite claiming its at 1/4 tank. This 150mi error proceeds to count down all the way to zero, which I gotta say is a little concerning when I would have still been something like 80mi from home. At 5mph, that's gonna take a minute to cover! :rofl:

Anyway, I keep driving through the 150mi warning and it gets to 0. At this point it tells me prolonged idle, refuel, or key on/off event will in fact put the truck into limp mode, but it continues down the highway at 70mph. Thank god.

Long story short, the POS gets me home. I park it in the driveway and wait to call the dealer Monday morning.

Get the dealer, they tell me they can't tow it for me, I gotta call roadside assistance and get it towed myself. THANKS FCA! :mad:

Call roadside, schedule pick up. Truck doesn't show up for 5hrs. The truck that DOES show up, is in fact smaller than my truck. :rofl: and it can't pick it up... although he sure did try. :rofl:

A bit later after the failed pickup, and contacting roadside to LOL at them, they send a real truck at nearly 5p who finally does deliver my truck to the dealer.

They start looking at it on Tues. I give them a laundry list of stuff to look at while they work on the DEF issue. I get a call saying they need it overnight to Wed - OK, np.

Wed comes, no call until like 2p. They inform me they need to keep the truck as its INOP due to a failed DEF pump that is on backorder, they'll let me know more later. :unsure:

I get a call last night, pump is back ordered to March 3rd. They don't have a loaner available for me, will let me know if one comes available. COOL STORY BRO.

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yup. That pump has been super hard to come by. We showed like 30 in stock 2 months ago. I called for one... Backorder and they didn't know at that time when it was being fulfilled.

My guess is the severe cold we had froze a bunch of tanks solid which F'd the pumps over. I understand the "heater" is only on the output and doesn't actually heat the tank at all... which sounds like a giant fail to me... :rofl:

Anyway, IDGAF, it'll all be in the past soon. :rofl:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
My guess is the severe cold we had froze a bunch of tanks solid which F'd the pumps over. I understand the "heater" is only on the output and doesn't actually heat the tank at all... which sounds like a giant fail to me... :rofl:

Anyway, IDGAF, it'll all be in the past soon. :rofl:

Def in any tank takes 7 days to freeze in like sub zero temps

Every brand has huge issues with heaters. #1 most common thing changed and cause of limp mode

Reactions: Eagle

Thread Info