🏡 Better Homes Utility bill pity party.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
The Beast The Beast whats the bill looking like at the McMansion?

IMG_2813.jpg

Not bad at all it’s set at 70-71 degrees

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
my ass is bleeding from nicor, looking at 500 a month this winter (keeping the heat set at 66/67, upstairs at 62). I did the budget plan, but because of the pool heater its just pointless. Comed budget plan is 330. Buy a big house they said, it will be fun they said.

How many sq feet without a basemen?

Reactions: sktchy

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
2400 sqft with the basement included. Also the garage that is 24x30’. House is sealed like shit and insulated like shit. Built in the 40’s through the 70’s.

I keep the garage at 55*f with a small blower style electric heater and a non vented 30,000 btu gas heater. 1/2 f the house is on a new natural gas forced air system and the rest is electric radiant heat. everything is at 70*.

This far electric is $160 and gas is $130. Last year the garage was on just the electric heat and it was killing me at $250 same time last year and gas was never above $100.

Hoping it will be a little more even this year with the mix of both in the garage. Once the SIL is out and the cat is put down (on her last legs due to cancer ?) I’ll lower the temps in those rooms and cut a significant amount of electric heat with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info