3800 US41 Race Day 10-09-05

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS+Oct 7 2005, 03:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rjaz gtp
@Oct 7 2005, 12:54 PM

i have plans, but who wants to take my car up there and race it?
Mike, drop the car at my house I will make an exception to make it then... ;)
[snapback]100255[/snapback]​

I can play that game Mike, I go by the you break it you buy it rule FYI. :lolsign:
[snapback]100262[/snapback]​
[/b]
well im in downers and id like to follow someone, so anyguys coming down from up north ill meet on the way down

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 7 2005, 08:43 PM
Like i said before I live on rt. 1 ( 394 turns into rt. 1) so i wanna just hop on when you guys drive pst my house...... i just need someone to call me when they get into a town called beecher... so i know that i have 7 minutes.......
PS what time is everyone leaving???
[snapback]100303[/snapback]​
and i will join with chipmonk, we live about 1 min away

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by dsk727@Oct 7 2005, 09:08 AM
I thought people used the Lincoln Oasis off 80/294 as a meeting spot. The oasis is right before the exit for 394 right?
[snapback]100212[/snapback]​

According to the Illinoistollway.com site, the Lincoln Oasis is closed.

How about meeting at the Hinsdale Oasis ? Will some people pass that location ? Sure would be nice to convoy. Heck of a lot more fun that driving solo !!

Updated info on first page.

J.E.T.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 2000gpgt+Oct 8 2005, 12:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-chipmonk212121
@Oct 7 2005, 08:43 PM
Like i said before I live on rt. 1 ( 394 turns into rt. 1) so i wanna just hop on when you guys drive pst my house...... i just need someone to call me when they get into a town called beecher... so i know that i have 7 minutes.......
PS what time is everyone leaving???
[snapback]100303[/snapback]​
and i will join with chipmonk, we live about 1 min away
[snapback]100311[/snapback]​
[/b]

IS ANYONE INTRESTED IN GOING OUT TO GET SOME FOOD IN THE MORNING SOME WHERE ALONG THE WAY? AND WHAT TIME IS EVERYONE MEETING

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by sinr247@Oct 8 2005, 05:07 PM
does anyone knwo how to hook a up the performance shift buttone on a 01 i have a switch i want to hook it up to but i know i need the pin, does anyone know what kinda of pin it is so i can go buy it form radio shack, and does anyone know where to hook it up at... dont i have to drill somthing...i have no clue

any help
[snapback]100347[/snapback]​

There is a pretty good restraunt in Grant Park....aka the town im from its about 3/4 mile off rt. 1 good ole country breakfast......

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 9 2005, 07:44 AM
wooooohooooo....................... no clouds...... F YOU RAIN! :D
[snapback]100384[/snapback]​

SO is this place hard to find? It looks like im flying solo. Im coming from NW Indiana at the Chicago / IN border. Im close to route 41 and Bishop Ford which is the quickest way to go anyone??

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
i am about 10 miles west of lowell.... if you want i can meet you somewhere? and you can follow me.............OR you can get on 394..... and that turns into rt 1.... and i live on that and you can just meet me here then we can go...
you can call if you would like 815-263-4702....im waitin on another guy to get here right now....but we can wait a few more min for ya

Nice meeting some of you guys today. Sinr, JET, denise, chimpmonk (go sox!)
By the way what was with the trooper pulling over the black GTP!!!?? Its not like any of us were speeding or acting like idiots, we were doing 75 but so was every other car on the road.

JET, Sorry i didnt stop in at Hooters like i said, i started driving and i was falling asleep at the wheel, i had a long night last night and i had a 2 hour drive ahead of me. Anyways, sorry im bad with names but hopefully ill meet up with some of you again, i had a blast, even though my car didnt do much better than earlier in the year, I'll be getting the itch in the spring so ill see everyone around.

By the way Sinr, how did you end up doing, I left and you were still running, did you get any better times??

Jeremy

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by BigJermGTP@Oct 9 2005, 08:31 PM
By the way what was with the trooper pulling over the black GTP!!!?? Its not like any of us were speeding or acting like idiots, we were doing 75 but so was every other car on the road.
[snapback]100423[/snapback]​

Thats right...I was robbed!!!!!!!!! <_< :lolsign: be glad it was just me and not all of ya

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by BigJermGTP@Oct 9 2005, 09:31 PM

JET, Sorry i didnt stop in at Hooters like i said, i started driving and i was falling asleep at the wheel, i had a long night last night and i had a 2 hour drive ahead of me. Anyways, sorry im bad with names but hopefully ill meet up with some of you again, i had a blast, even though my car didnt do much better than earlier in the year, I'll be getting the itch in the spring so ill see everyone around.

By the way Sinr, how did you end up doing, I left and you were still running, did you get any better times??

Jeremy
garbage honestly i hate that track, i think iwill live off of 66 i think that track is awsome, i couldnt hook for shit, i ran a 14.7, 3-14.4's 14.2,13.8 and 13.7

my best at 66 was 13.6 with alot less mods
ive added pem a 3inch dp and a 3" cutout , a dhp and a 3.0 pulley with 100 octane and new tires, im guessing alot had to do with the tires, but i couldnt hook if my life deppende on it,

my 13.7 run i had a 2.4 60" so i know its got low 13's in it just not there, and the water box guy had me do a burn out would stage me and then clean the track for 2 min and my iat's would raise 30* from the lanes to the time i ran cause of that a-hole, and kept telling me to go thro the water box, he couldnt understand that i didnt want to, so he just shook his head

00 GTP Debadged

Regular
Dec 27, 2008
I had a great time. Still can't believe I red lighted in the finals of the bracket race... :angry: Overall I had some good runs. I think the track was good if you were running slicks, I pulled 3 - 1.7 60 foots. Pulled a pb of 12.965 @ 105.67, and a best 60 of 1.783. I am really happy that my 100,000 mile car made it through 5 runs without breaking.

Good to see you guys and gals again. I am hoping to do some tuning and run some 12.7's or better next month.

Randy

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by sinr247+Oct 9 2005, 09:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BigJermGTP
@Oct 9 2005, 09:31 PM

Jeremy
garbage honestly i hate that track, i think iwill live off of 66 i think that track is awsome, i couldnt hook for shit, i ran a 14.7, 3-14.4's 14.2,13.8 and 13.7

my best at 66 was 13.6 with alot less mods
ive added pem a 3inch dp and a 3" cutout , a dhp and a 3.0 pulley with 100 octane and new tires, im guessing alot had to do with the tires, but i couldnt hook if my life deppende on it,

my 13.7 run i had a 2.4 60" so i know its got low 13's in it just not there, and the water box guy had me do a burn out would stage me and then clean the track for 2 min and my iat's would raise 30* from the lanes to the time i ran cause of that a-hole, and kept telling me to go thro the water box, he couldnt understand that i didnt want to, so he just shook his head
[snapback]100427[/snapback]​
[/b]

fuck 66 us 41 is where its at grow some balls buy slicks and then run at 41

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I had a great time and it was great meeting some of the newbies!! Hope everyone had fun... Congrats to Dole on winning the brackets and Randy for second place! Also congrats to all those that got personal bests, I think almost everyone did!!!

now to the bad news..... Denise messed up the prizes from ZZP. (my brain is fried lately and I didn't read the email corectly) It was 2 fastest on stock pullies not two fastest overall! Oopsy! Sorry Paul and Jet. Hope you aren't mad and if you are, well good thing I am moving to MN in a few weeks LOL :lolsign: haha

So now I need whoever ran yesterday who has a stock pully to post up their times and those two fastest will win the prizes. ZZP donated a 3.4 MPS to the fastest stock pulley, and a press on pulley to 2nd place guy.

:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info