US Census - What do you legally have to answer?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
“Whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force”. – Thomas Jefferson

Here are the 10 questions Jerry Day asked of the Census Bureau.

1. From where does the Census Bureau derive authority to demand private information?

2. Is there any limit to the type and kind of information the Census Bureau may demand and collect?

3. What is the Census Bureau’s authority to collect information every year?

4. Do current levels of data collection violate the Fourth Amendment? Current Census policies violate that Amendment, do they not?

5. By what Constitutional authority does the Census Bureau threaten penalties for failure to provide personal information?

6. The Census Bureau claims it maintains privacy of personal information. Are there any circumstances under which law enforcement or spy agencies can access Census information?

7. Since presumably Census data may be subpoenaed by law enforcement agencies, may individuals refuse to answer questions according to the Fifth Amendment?

8. Why has the Census Bureau decided to collect GPS coordinates for every home? How will my GPS coordinates be used?

9. Virtually every government data base has either been lost, hacked or compromised. How can the Census Bureau claim data security with any confidence?

10. How would the Census Bureau locate, protect and compensate those individuals who’s data has been compromised?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I was shocked to see when they asked what race...listed black, african am., or Negro.

That's funny, because I opened mine today at work and thought the same thing. I even made the comment to a coworker that I didn't think "negro" was an acceptable term anymore, especially considering they already had "black" and "African American" listed. A bit redundant.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info