Truck craigslist & ebay finds week of May 15

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
So the most intricate part of doing head gaskets is the deck prep job. Alot of guys have their own method of prepping a machined surface. Keep in mind, Ford says these heads cannot even be machined(nvm the oh they just want to sell parts shit), no its fairly true. The machine finish they get from the factory is almost impossible to re create with a surface full of impurities and witness marks.

So back to the deck prep, if Caren isn't taken you care wear down the block surface really quick and create a low spot. These are MLS gaskets with a silicone type sealant that embeds into the surface on both the head and deck. Damn near impossible to seat with a halfway decent prep job.

Ok so the truck had been 'bulletproofed', God I hate that trademark word.... We're the heads even sent in to be checked? Or better yet, we're the heads even removed from the truck or were the studs done one by one(pull and pray method)

What brand gaskets were used? Who the freak knows... Did the person/shop torque the studs with the right lube?

Not even opening up the rest of the things that should be checked while engine 'was' apart, I'm just speaking of the head gasket portion

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Yes!
00303_5dwOt7OTEjN_600x450.jpg

99 k2500 Silverado

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
been listed for a month and not sold :eek:

i think that was posted in the july finds

way cool though
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] should snag that

I REALLY dig it, but with 220K on it, and it not being advertised as rust free, I have to assume the under side of it is not in good shape and/or it has bad cancer starting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info