Traxxas really nailed the RC Mustang/GT supercar

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
My savage is loud as fuck and echos between our houses. I feel like a dick using it.

I’ve got an old picco .18 in my stadium truck and it sounds like a fucking formula 1 car when it revs up. I love the sound but as a grown adult I’m embarrassed to be making all this noise outside :rofl:

To be honest, the older Savage(circa 2004-2005ish) with, I believe, the .25 engine, was one of my favorite. We had one at the shop we'd play with, and it was super super easy to tune(and wouldn't need constant tweaking). When a customer came in looking for something along the lines of a T-Maxx, I'd show them the Savage...Just because I knew they wouldn't be coming back as often for tuning advice and replacement parts.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
To be honest, the older Savage(circa 2004-2005ish) with, I believe, the .25 engine, was one of my favorite. We had one at the shop we'd play with, and it was super super easy to tune(and wouldn't need constant tweaking). When a customer came in looking for something along the lines of a T-Maxx, I'd show them the Savage...Just because I knew they wouldn't be coming back as often for tuning advice and replacement parts.
Not to mention the t/s maxx was a weak chassis. Handled well but blew the fuck up with any sort of bashing.

Savage turns like shit but it’ll go like hell and take a beating.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I had an original Tmaxx 2.5. God that thing was shit. It couldn't drive 30ft without busting an axle.

Traxxas has come a long way. Today's Maxx and Revo are top tier when it comes to Ready to Run stuff.

You can still build better, but it costs, and most people don't want or need that kind of build.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I had an original Tmaxx 2.5. God that thing was shit. It couldn't drive 30ft without busting an axle.

Traxxas has come a long way. Today's Maxx and Revo are top tier when it comes to Ready to Run stuff.

You can still build better, but it costs, and most people don't want or need that kind of build.
The revo chassis is so much better than the shit t/s maxx. Glad they’re using that design for a bunch of their vehicles now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info