Toss the raccoon from the dog

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Depends on the cat and dog.

for a tiny one? those things are pretty useless. don't even big dogs do pretty poor if left outside? i thought dogs in general were so fully domesticated that without people they do extremely poorly. doggo just ain't gonna wolf.

meanwhile cats are still hunters with better survival instincts. australia actually has a huge number of feral cats, which they consider a non-trivial problem as they are killing so much stuff they are causing some species to go extinct.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
for a tiny one? those things are pretty useless. don't even big dogs do pretty poor if left outside? i thought dogs in general were so fully domesticated that without people they do extremely poorly. doggo just ain't gonna wolf.

meanwhile cats are still hunters with better survival instincts. australia actually has a huge number of feral cats, which they consider a non-trivial problem as they are killing so much stuff they are causing some species to go extinct.

Corgis are pretty damn smart and dont take shit. Im sure they would survive outside of a home if it had to.

Then again, why are we comparing animals outside of a home. All I said is that small dogs are still better than cats. I didnt say how.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
2 things......

1) my tiny dog doesn’t leave piles of shit to clean up.

2) my tiny dog lets me know what direction the bullets need to be sent.

Not seeing an issue.

Tiny dogs bark in high pitched voices. A lot.

My German Shepherd would take out the raccoon in one bite. My yard is empty of native animals since we got him. He loves people and other dogs. Doesn't love 4 legged pests.

No need for a gun handy when the GS is on the job. Even an alligator would think twice. Unlike a tiny dog who would be a snack.

You're right about the crap. I solve that by yelling for my son.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

My German Shepherd would take out the raccoon in one bite. My yard is empty of native animals since we got him. He loves people and other dogs. Doesn't love 4 legged pests.

No need for a gun handy when the GS is on the job. Even an alligator would think twice. Unlike a tiny dog who would be a snack.

If you are loud enough and aggressive enough even an alligator will say "fuck that."

https://youtu.be/je_9QhJFSR0

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio

Unfortunately, service K9’s are killed semi frequently, and, they are trained to defend themselves, but a perp with a knife or gun can change the outcome. So I primarily depend on myself in a defensive situation. And while it would be great to have those critters in the neighbors yard and not mine, I have no desire to clean up after a large dog, and no kids to take on the task either.[emoji25]

FWIW, my kids aren’t yappers, they alert when they hear things that don’t belong.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
Did you just offer to have me come over so you can shoot me?

I think your making assumptions, that wasn’t an offer more than it was a statement, if I invite you over, I suspect we’re going to be drinking and wrenching on cars, if someone takes it upon themselves to come by uninvited, and, say kick my door in, then I’ll be drinking after business is complete.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Unfortunately, service K9’s are killed semi frequently, and, they are trained to defend themselves, but a perp with a knife or gun can change the outcome. So I primarily depend on myself in a defensive situation. And while it would be great to have those critters in the neighbors yard and not mine, I have no desire to clean up after a large dog, and no kids to take on the task either.[emoji25]

FWIW, my kids aren’t yappers, they alert when they hear things that don’t belong.

Makes sense. Different priorities. I'd jump on an alligator or shoot it if necessary to protect my dog but most critters will take off if my dog is out. Even though I live in a town that has some bad neighborhoods, I haven't had any problems in my area. Knock on wood.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info