Tools , can't trust anybody.

P40E

Reaction score
Borrowed a fuel line release set to another mechanic . This set is always in my toolbox.

One week later , I remembered that I never received them back . Asked the mechanic and luckily i found them . Always remember when borrowing tools out .

Edit. They have been found .

Last edited:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Do you mark your tools? I know it isn't always possible to leave a distinguishing mark on them. It would drive me crazy always wondering if someone stole a tool I'd been missing for a while.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
engrave yo shit and no tools loaned. Sorry call the truck.

OP
P40E

P40E

Reaction score
Really doesn't matter if it was engraved or not because the set is missing .

OP
P40E

P40E

Reaction score
And they are miraculously found. :)

Engraving them today .

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
We have a "nothing really belongs to anyone" rule where I work, so EVERYTHING is always missing, and out of only 6 people that use our tools, not one person knows where it is, where it went, or who used it. Our $23k tool set (that's half price, would be $46k for non-government peeps) is missing half of the tools, but nobody used them and nobody knows where they are. That shit is annoying AF.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
I had a co-worker who would engrave two zeros on to all of his stuff when I asked him why not his initials he said it was because he wanted to make sure his balls were on all of his tools so no one would want to touch them.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had to ban my housemate from using my tools cause he would break them and not tell me.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fortunate enough to work in a shop with just a few other guys where your shit always gets returned.

But if I worked in a bigger dealer type place, NOPE

blck10th

Reaction score
I don't loan out much. Engraving means nothing when it's in my garage. I stopped doing that long ago. The other way to do it is get cash. You can borrow X for $20 bring it back you get your $20. Kinda like the cart at aldi

Loanshark

Alrighty, good deal.
Reaction score
Anything I loan out, I take a picture of the person with the thing I loaned them.

That way I can remember who I loaned it to.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
Borrowing tools out? Does that really sound right in your head? I mean I think I learned in 2nd grade the difference between borrow and lend.

Sorry, that's just a huge pet peeve of mine.

MS3Josh

Reaction score
Glad you got your tool back. I've never had a problem borrowin or letting someone borrow tools at the shop I work at now, or the last one. We all let eachother use anything and almost never have a problem, and nobody locks their tool boxes.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Reaction score
I've been pretty fortunate to work at places where people look out for others stuff. I've left stuff out before and had it returned to me. I'm one of the few people at my shop that even locks my box. And that's just so second shift doesn't use something and not return it. There are one or two guys on second that may take something and just forget to put it back. That's about it. If anything is damaged its replaced immediately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom