Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yeah your right, we actually had no choice but to be transferred to a subpar forum. ?
You're always welcome to join one of the many midwest forums still in action. Oh wait.

Parks And Recreation Mic Drop GIF

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
What’s the slap heard around the world?
Stayed at the Rockford clock tower hotel after that track day. I think it had a tilted kilt in it and we over indulged after a day roasting in the sun. A member made some off hand comments to another, a third decided it would be funny to “scare” this person. Somewhere along the way the plan changed to Rick James slapping this guy who was talking shit.

We went back to our room to hide out. Rockford cops showed up so our buddy bailed out the back door and we told him to hide on the other side of the highway. We had this elaborate story about how the offender was some guy we had just met that night and he had went home. One of the cops opened up the back sliding glass door of our room and the slapper is standing there smoking a cigarette. He got arrested for assault or something and the cops said I was being arrested for obstruction. I sat there, having accepted my fate and waited to get cuffed. They took our buddy and just left and I never did get arrested. We bailed him out and by then it was time to go home.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Stayed at the Rockford clock tower hotel after that track day. I think it had a tilted kilt in it and we over indulged after a day roasting in the sun. A member made some off hand comments to another, a third decided it would be funny to “scare” this person. Somewhere along the way the plan changed to Rick James slapping this guy who was talking shit.

We went back to our room to hide out. Rockford cops showed up so our buddy bailed out the back door and we told him to hide on the other side of the highway. We had this elaborate story about how the offender was some guy we had just met that night and he had went home. One of the cops opened up the back sliding glass door of our room and the slapper is standing there smoking a cigarette. He got arrested for assault or something and the cops said I was being arrested for obstruction. I sat there, having accepted my fate and waited to get cuffed. They took our buddy and just left and I never did get arrested. We bailed him out and by then it was time to go home.

Oh man I was just talking about the clocktower hotel the other day with my dad (not that incident) and thought about that night :rofl:

Happy birthday TCG, I’ll dig through my archives.

Some of my first memories are when the forum had like 15 members total and we were all wondering if it would only ever be us talking to each other. Obviously, it wasn’t like that for long.

Also, my very first meet at Streets of Woodfield. I think KJ was the first person I met, on a night where Mike was showing off his new SRT4.

Reactions: Eagle
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info