3800 To Those that Live in 2005

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
Funny thing is itlnrob doesnt have much to say now...
[/b]

What do you want me to say? I've been in class all morning.

There are 8 teams in the Playoffs and 8 different fans of different ball clubs that think THEIR team is going to the World Series.

In my opinion, you aren't a true fan if you don't believe in your own team.

I'm a believer, but at this point the odds are against us. Everything in that article of Marioti's is true thus far.

However, if you want to look at any possible positives. . . If they can pick up some momentum at Wrigley and win 2 straight, the pressure will swing back to the D-Backs.

Odds for that, obviously not in our favor, especially the way we are playing.

My expectations at this point, are very low. My hats off to the D-backs for playing with lots of heart.

I love the Cubs, and always will no matter the outcome.

Rivalries in Baseball, and any professional sport for that matter is what makes it fun. Anyone that has ever been to a Sox vs. Cubs game, or a Cubs vs. Cardinals games, or a Bears vs. Packers game, etc knows the intensity and the fun of it all. Of course Sox fans are gonna harass Cubs Fans and vice versa.

I made some photoshops to stir things up a little bit on here. So what. It was fun, and made for some conversation to take up some my "bored" time here at my apartment at school.

We'll see what happens Saturday, and hopefully Sunday. If not, as I said before, Dbacks have played like a team in the playoffs should. It's up to the Cubs to show why they made it thus far, if not its all over.

Ps....Keep in mind....Lots of upsets thus far. Rockies 2 wins over the Phillies and Cleveland POUNDED the Yankees. Baseball is a funny game sometimes, so we'll have to see how the rest of the post season pans out for all these teams.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Rivalries in Baseball, and any professional sport for that matter is what makes it fun. Anyone that has ever been to a Sox vs. Cubs game, or a Cubs vs. Cardinals games, or a Bears vs. Packers game, etc knows the intensity and the fun of it all. Of course Sox fans are gonna harass Cubs Fans and vice versa.
[/b]

gotta agree there... the rivalries are part of sports... sports get boring w/out them... that's why I don't like the whole idea of being a "Chicago Fan" ... just means you lack the balls to pick sides... you're either a cubs fan or a sox fan... saying you're a fan of both is stupid IMHO

xplicitt

Regular
Nov 11, 2008
01021101040701030320071005372f378ee58d7d7fb1009ede.jpg

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

gotta agree there... the rivalries are part of sports... sports get boring w/out them... that's why I don't like the whole idea of being a "Chicago Fan" ... just means you lack the balls to pick sides... you're either a cubs fan or a sox fan... saying you're a fan of both is stupid IMHO
[/b][/quote]

Exactly. Hate people that pick teams of whoever is winning. I'm not switching sides, never will, never have.

What ever happens, happens at this point. If the Cubs don't win, I'm rooting for Colorado just because they have made such a push to make it where they are. A team like that deserves to win. I'm not a Rockies fan, but I'd like to see them win, that's all.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I hate to say next year is the year and I won't but I think we have a much better chance next year. I never said we would go all the way this year and now I'm happy I didn't. In fact, my friends and I joked that we would get swept in the first round. You can't expect much less from a team that basically backed themselves ass-first into the playoffs.

We have a solid team. We need probably one more starter. It's unfortunate that Marquis and Hill are so spotty. I think Hill is going to come around on his second full season in the big leagues. Marquis, I'm not so sure about so I'd like to see him replaced. I think Zambrano, Hill, Lilly, Marshall (yes, Marshall) and an un-named 5th starter could offer up a shut-out season.

Honestly, it all comes down the central team that's willing to spend. Unfortunately that's not going to be us since we're not going to be sold until shortly before the 08' season. So maybe next year isn't the year. What about 2009?

100 year anniversary here we come!

Signed,

Still a Cubs fan for life

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
It was a terrible effort, and we were outplayed.

We made it further than over 20 teams in the MLB including the Sux.

We got swept first round, but we at least got there.

We at least have something to look forward to next season, besides competing for last place with the Royals.

This was fun friends, but the baseball season is over, and I'll close it with " wait till next year ".

LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info