Time for a new trans!

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
gmpp USED to be the best warranty you could buy....when all the buy-outs started happening, we can't get gmpp to pay. so we no longer even work on any cars that have gmpp. you used to be able to just warranty a whole unit (not that i would want a serta anyway) when it had a bunch of carnage in the pan, but now id guess any dealer you take it to that has a competent trans guy will repair the problem....which is not a bad thing.....

Wow, didn't know that. Mine ran up about a year ago so I figured they were still just as good.

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
What would you recomend as a good warranty company to buy an extended warranty from? Are you a competent trans guy that would work on my car? I an very picky on who works on my car and I just don't trust anyone to take my trans out and attempt to fix it.

zurich extended warranty is good and mechanical break down protection inc are my 2 favorites as a service writer. Gmpp has been good to us though to since its by the book being covered or not period.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
The car is at the dealer right now and the manager called me to say that there is some nasty looking chunks in the trans pan and they are taking to trans out of the car right now. Tomorrow morning they are going to take the trans apart to inspect what broke.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Here is my super sweet loaner car
02 Buick Century!! almost as cool as HK and DD with the Buicks
IMAG0003.jpg

The dealer took the trans apart today and found that the planet gear decided it did not want to play nice anymore. Waiting on a rep from GMPP to show up Thursday morning to okay the work to be done.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I got a call from the dealer today and they got all the parts in today except for one part for the trans. It was a drum or something. Anyways GM cant locate one right now so they decided to give a Gm certa trans instead. I guess that is a good thing because I have all new everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info