Thoughts on Blizzaks....

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
It's different because whenever the car is in drive, there is constant torque being delivered to the wheels unless its a toyoda, even when your foot is on the brake. With a stick, as soon as you hit the clutch, there is zero torque to the wheels

Fixed..lol.
I understand what your saying though.

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
I have a lot of experience with Blizzaks. I have been driving sports cars in the winter for many years. Part of the reason is related to what you said in you first post. However, there is another reason that people rarely point out. Driving a sports car in the winter with an excellent snow tire is very fun. When you talk about Blizzaks there are 2 different series, the LM which are performance winter and the WS which are a more serious studless ice/snow tire. I have preferred the WS series because they will give you a lot of confidence in the ice and snow. I had LM's on my previous car, a 350Z, for 2 years and WS's for about 7 years. I now have a boxster and it took some research on my own to figure out a winter set that would fit with WS series tires (I also bought a factory aluminum hardtop). LM series will work fine but WS series is what I used in these driving events below. These were regular blizzaks on pure ice:

One timed lap at my 1st ice driving event. Lake Sinissippi, Hustisford, WI 1/23/11 - YouTube

Drifting play at my 1st Ice driving event after all Timed Laps. Lake Sinissippi WI 1/23/11. - YouTube

I'm not the greatest driver but I feel like the winter driving practice makes me more comfortable and confident when I run into conditions like this when I drove at the Autobahn last year:

9/18/11 Autobahn South (rainy). Advanced group HPDE. National Auto Sport Assoc. event. - YouTube

Get some blizzak WS tires and have some fun when the snow falls and the ice lines the streets!

Nice driving! I've had to do some runs at the autobahn in the rain. You learns tons fast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info