Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
russ is getting ideas

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
you've priced out 32 person 40 foot pontoon boats recently?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
get a captain's license and make BANK taking bachelorette parties out on the chain. :iorun:

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the huge toon with some real power on it but it would turn into a 150k pontoon boat real quick

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have seen slightly used Grand Entertainers for $90K. New is somewhere around $110K IIRC. The engines can cost big bucks.

The Grand Entertainer in the vid doesn't have a grill but you can get one. $50+ mph and a bathroom for the girls.

Pull up to the sandbar, fire up the grill, sit down at the bar or recline in the captain's chair and wait for the party to happen.

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
LOL Pinckney. I wonder if that's one I've seen on Portage.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Y'all a bunch of Debbie Downers. Can't enjoy the boat in all its hilarious awesomeness

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha! I live in the land of the pontoon boats. For that kind of money, I'd rather have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2kSjUts2OM
I have seen slightly used Grand Entertainers for $90K. New is somewhere around $110K IIRC. The engines can cost big bucks.

The Grand Entertainer in the vid doesn't have a grill but you can get one. $50+ mph and a bathroom for the girls.

Pull up to the sandbar, fire up the grill, sit down at the bar or recline in the captain's chair and wait for the party to happen.
premier made a decent boat. too bad they are/about to be out of business.

also. grand entertainer isn't doing 50 mph unless it has serious power- like twin 300s at an absolute minimum.

too heavy and too much wind resistance.

it'd be interesting also to see how many toon's are sold down there in offshore/saltwater land vs up here small lake world.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Few people take pontoons far offshore. They stay in the rivers, on A1A and the intracoastal and within a mile of shore. Still, we have a LOT of waterways and a ton of used boats for sale.

PANDA

Reaction score
That thing is pimp as fuck. 1 of a kind for sure. I don't believe anyone has ever made a 40ft toon so this has to be custom. Also made way before twin engine toons were almost common place.

Is it worth 90K? IMO no because it is old technology. But I bet the owner spent all of that if not more building it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I did some research on pontoons and they started back in the middle 1900s when a farmer in the midwest put a wood platform on a couple drums. People liked it so he started making them. They have come a long way since then.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did some research on pontoons and they started back in the middle 1900s when a farmer in the midwest put a wood platform on a couple drums. People liked it so he started making them. They have come a long way since then.
And here we are, my dumbass is buying one!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like to be comfortable. Pontoons are mega comfortable. Pulling up to a sandbar and pretending I'm in my lanai appeals to me. When I have some spare cash, I can see myself buying one, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom