This is what I’m debating for the car …

What to do?

• Z7 Turbo for the GTP, have a fast DD, screw the GTO

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Get the GTO and have two semi-nice, slow cars.

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
GTO...i've got a 74 Nova hatchback that i wish was half as clean as that goat...great lowbuck mods...
Novaattimeslipbooth_greatlakes.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
OK, I went up to Michigan to bring the car home ...

I haven't seen the car for two years and it's been stored in a very crappy climate (Michigan) and not driven. It was not what I remember. I had to turn it down.

For the amount of work that it needed, I just don't have the time for this kind of project. I'll get pics up later. It basically went from an awesome cruiser two years ago with a flawless engine compartment to surface rust everywhere under the hood and a moldy interior, the exterior is still in great shape.

It's unfortunate, but when I told my unlce I was going to pass, he said he didn't really want to sell the car anyways :D Which is good, because I initially felt bad for not having to time to take on this kind of project -- he's gonna hold onto it and I'll be helping with bringing it back to its old condition come spring.

I drove it, and it needs front-end work (suspension-wise) and the transmission is questionable.

So, I'm back to the GTP, and will be dumping some go-fast goodies into it soon enough so I'm not bored with the car anymore.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Headers, rockers and intercooler. Just a basic setup, nothing crazy. But right now there's no new full-sizers on the market, so I may just run the rockers and headers, scan it, and see if I can drop a pulley size. I'd like to hit 13.5s without the intercooler.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I take that back, I think ZZP may have their standard full-size available. I haven't kept up on it for a while.

ill sell you mine for 1300 bucks.

i kid i kid.

supply and demand at its finest.

jk.

but in all reality... i dont want a sc on my car no mo. i want one of those other cool things that does stuff to make cars go fast. soooo maybe we could talk... zzp stg2 the core's core has maybe 2-3000 miles on it... no leaks in it either... and my egr is disabled so it should be realllll perttyy

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
ill sell you mine for 1300 bucks.

i kid i kid.

supply and demand at its finest.

jk.

but in all reality... i dont want a sc on my car no mo. i want one of those other cool things that does stuff to make cars go fast. soooo maybe we could talk... zzp stg2 the core's core has maybe 2-3000 miles on it... no leaks in it either... and my egr is disabled so it should be realllll perttyy

I remember you mentioning a turbo setup. When you get closer to de-modding let me know what you're gonna do with the intercooler. I usually prefer to buy new, but if it's a complete kit I may be interested if the deal is right.

Thread Info