THIS is how to crash a boat party.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm no captain [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] but larger vessels have the right of way, correct? Guessing there is only so much room for it and these boats were in it's way? :dunno:

this.

You can't just go pushing boats out of the way. Each state has different boating laws. In Wisconsin, they could write him up for quite a few offenses.

they were in a fucking channel. this isn't the bow up parade around the edge of lake G.

Generally its less maneuverable boats have right of way. Not really sure whats happening here but if people boats are anchored or moored you are supposed to stay away.

navigable channel. get the fuck out of the way. do not block it.

IDK maybe anchoring in the middle of an active channel isn't such a good idea :rofl:

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

Well, an LEO used lights, siren, audible instructions over a PA, and hand signals told them to move, and they took their sweet-ass time to comply. Granted, the Spirit of Portland didn't give them sufficient time to move, but they certainly didn't seem to be in any hurry to get out of its way, either.

Basically, boaters are jackasses, and I don't feel bad their boats got dinged up, but SoP is ultimately at fault, IMO.

more boat cops are jackasses than boaters are.... so use your words a bit wiser there.

If you read some of the comments the Coast gaurd was trying to break up the flotilla for 2 hours because it was blocking the river. I think 2 hours is enough time to move your boat and open up the waterway.

ding ding ding

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Well, when your boat is 10,000 times bigger than everyone else's, you can do what the fuck you want!

People should have gotten a clue and moved out of the way. Next time he should roll through there at 30 knots and kick up some tidal wave sized wake.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
more boat cops are jackasses than boaters are.... so use your words a bit wiser there.

I was basing my statement solely off the second video. And I never said the USCG guys were not jackasses, all I said was they told the boaters to move. In retrospect, I should have made it clear that the captain (hopefully former, now) of the SoP is also a jackass, and probably the biggest one of all. The boaters were moving, just not fast enough for his impatient liking.

No need to read into my comment as defending the LEO's in any way - all I said was that that they gave instructions to the boaters.

Does [MENTION=9]NetChemica[/MENTION] still pop in around here? IIRC he works periodically on the patrol boats like that (although I think he was on the larger ones with the jets)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info