Mike
I heard the sandwich “is to die for”.
giphy.gif

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
When I left the house to go to the Bulls game yesterday about 4:30. Popeye's on Irving in Hanover was a fucking madhouse. You would have thought they were giving away free food. I have never seen that many cars in the drive thru, every parking spot taken and cars lined up to turn in

I'm wanting to try one but I refuse to wait in a line like that for a fucking sandwich....

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If anyone ever wants to get adventurous. Get there right when they open and your safe, lol.
Its like a 5 min drive from my whse. Best spicy fried chicken sandwich around

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Been wanting to try- waited til 9pm to head out the Pop in Bloomindale... drivethru around the building, 20 people inside, yikes. Multiple people waiting for 10+ sandwich orders lol

Got one of each sandwich- verdict- its no Chika-fil sandwhich, especially the spicy, and i don't mean on the spice level. Its pretty close, I'd say 80-90% comparable on the VS scale.

I prefer the "lighter/less" breading on the fil-a one, which I could see how that someone might prefer the popeyes one just for that reason.

I did like the sauce on the spicy and the classic one seemed to be more moist, though could have just been more fresh idk...

It doesn't dethrone the champ for me, but it was pretty darn good. Nothing to get violent over :rofl:

Shake Shack has a really good chicken sandwich fwiw if you are looking for another contender to try

Reactions: bmoore04

Thread Info