HBO / MAX The Murders at Starved Rock

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just happened to catch this partway through the first episode (Investigation Discovery channel). Looks like it originally aired on HBO, so is available on HBO Max as well. Gotta say, it's pretty interesting. If it hadn't been for "Starved Rock" in the title I probably would have passed it up. I had no idea this even occurred back in 1960, even though I've been to that area (Ottawa, La Salle, etc) many times. There's a good chance people here have stood where the murders happened, St. Louis Canyon, in the park itself.

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
I watched this with my parents last Christmas vacation in Florida. Whatā€™s crazy is my mom stayed at the cabin a few years ago with her card friends. One of them wanted go for a run the following morning after they had a night of drinking. My mom woke up early the next morning from a nightmare that was of her friend getting kidnapped. My mom didnā€™t know about this story until she watched it with me. But literally dreamt about it while staying at the same log cabin. Super freaky!!

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
This past weekend as a family we were talking about doing a family reunion type vacation. I mentioned our friends have done reunions at starved rock and rented houses. My Mom went cold and said she would never go to starved rock because of the murders that have happened there. I didnā€™t even know about themā€¦sounds like a must watch for me now.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
This past weekend as a family we were talking about doing a family reunion type vacation. I mentioned our friends have done reunions at starved rock and rented houses. My Mom went cold and said she would never go to starved rock because of the murders that have happened there. I didnā€™t even know about themā€¦sounds like a must watch for me now.

Yeah, 3 women murdered 60 years ago, vs 57 in 2022 in Joliet.

:eyesroll:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Have watched various documentaries and after seeing the location in person, it is a head scratch as to how one person placed the womenā€™s bodies up, into that small cave (inlet). The spot is slick and elevated, especially in the winter.

That said, he did what he did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info