TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
An ok episode made WAY better by
Olyphant

I liked the end cameo as well.

My main gripes remain...and I know I'm literally the ONLY one who feels this way....the writing is just not good. The dialog is so bad at times......I mean look at the scene where the dragon is OUT IN THE OPEN coming at Mando and he says "There it is"....well no shit :rofl:

But we're now on season 2 and its obvious the writing isnt going to get any better, so whatever. I'm not going to dwell on it going forward.

I still stand by my s1 gripes that visually, this show is below par when compared to offerings on Netflix or even Amazon. I don't know if its the dolby vision implementation, the app on apple tv or what..but this doesnt look particularly great at times. It doesnt look bad, but its not up to snuff with other content out there. The audio is the same as well...this atmos soundtrack lacks punch and depth, even with my system turned way up, its soft.

I think I'm gonna download a copy of this episode tonight and see if it looks / sounds any better. Hopefully a DV rip is out later today. Doubtful tho. But I can at least test the sound.

Overall, I'm sure none of you could have saw my above comments coming :rofl:
Okay, so who was the end cameo? I’m lost on that one.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Now did anyone catch that the bartender was W. Earl Brown, who was also in Deadwood alongside Olyphant?

Plus John Leguizamo as Gor Koresh in the Gammorean fighting scene.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I'd be fine with cheezy... This isn't even that. It's just lazy. But I give up. Like I said, no one agrees do I'm not gonna bring it up anymore.

I definitely get what your saying. I am in this show because of the Star Wars love I have. But, I find the dialog and writing to not be good by any means. I feel like they put a cute yoda in there to make people like the show for no real reason. I will keep watching, but I wouldn’t call the writing and dialog captivating

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I mean look at the scene where the dragon is OUT IN THE OPEN coming at Mando and he says "There it is"....well no shit :rofl:

I will admit that was so cringe. That one stuck with me.

Other than that, damn good start I'd say. Timmy O makes everything better when he plays a lawman. My only regret is I have to wait another week now.

Also I can't be the only one that thought that Olyphant's

speeder engine looked VERY much like Anakins pod racer engine.....

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I will admit that was so cringe. That one stuck with me.

Other than that, damn good start I'd say. Timmy O makes everything better when he plays a lawman. My only regret is I have to wait another week now.

Also I can't be the only one that thought that Olyphant's

speeder engine looked VERY much like Anakins pod racer engine.....
Guaranteed that was an Easter egg.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info