Movie The French Dispatch

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I love it when a director, or studio collects a cast of regulars and uses them with the addition of guest stars.

I think that's part of where Pixars success comes from. Its like 10 regulars, and 2 guest stars who are part of every movie, sequel or not. They get to know each other's quirks and styles, and can start playing off each other. And since they know each other, improv happens.

Reactions: IDAFC21

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Saw this over the weekend,

I've seen probably 5 Wes Anderson films. I enjoy them for the most part, have not had any repeat watching of any of them. This was the weakest of the ones I've seen that I can remember. I remember really liking both Darjeeling Limited and Grand Budapest Hotel.

I've seen:
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

The Darjeeling Limited

Fantastic Mr. Fox

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Isle of Dogs

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Dude you're missing some. Rushmore and Royal Tenenbaums should be on your list at the very least. Moonrise Kingdom was also pretty good. Life Aquatic is definitely the top one for me. And funny thing is when I FIRST saw that movie, I hated it :LOL: But it slowly grew on me and grew and me the more I watched it and quickly became my favorite and i will watch it any time its on

Reactions: blue-sun

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Ok, this movie was out there, even for a Wes Anderson flick. :LOL: But at the same time, its also the most Wes Anderson movie I've ever seen.

But Lea Seydoux, and that chick that played Juliette :wackit:

I'm not gonna rank it yet. It's gonna take a lot more viewings before I can figure out where this fits. But I could definitely see little bits and pieces in this movie from almost every other movie hes done so far

Reactions: blue-sun
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info