TV The Expanse [Amazon Prime]

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just binged thru the last 3 episodes. Didnt realize the newest episode was the season finale. I really liked this season even more than the first season. I just wish syfy would take FX's lead and let the f bombs fly. Cant wait for season 3! The way things got ramped up from season 1 to season 2, if that trend continues........

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah this season definitely surprised me. Once things really started rolling I couldnt wait to see where it went next. the cgi isnt TERRIBLE....but it can be a bit..sketchy at times. I was laughing my ass off during that whole "slingshot maneuvers" scene :rofl: But the writing and character development is there, which is the most important thing.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Ah. It's all about the money. SyFy doesn't have the rights to most of the show. They get money for immediate viewers when the show is aired. SciFi fans record and stream.

The cancellation decision by Syfy is said to be linked to the nature of its agreement for the series, which only gives the cable network first-run linear rights in the U.S. That puts an extraordinary amount of emphasis on live, linear viewing, which is inherently challenging for sci-fi/genre series that tend to draw the lion’s share of their audiences from digital/streaming.

I think the show will either find a new partner (Amazon has the national rights now/Netflix has the international) or will modify the agreement with SyFy. It's too good a show to disappear unless all sides are stupidly stubborn.

‘The Expanse’ Canceled By Syfy After Three Seasons, Will Be Shopped | Deadline

That frigging Krypton show has higher ratings. Maybe because every other commercial is a Kryton promo?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info