The Day I Learned Not To Trust Jay Leno Car Reviews

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I totally understand what you are saying, but I’m opposite I can’t passed that cavalier exterior. I usually buy a car cause of its looks first. I had a guy begging me to buy a Pontiac G8 with firehawk front bumper and I couldn’t get passed the price and too many miles for my taste for the price. The interior felt so outdated like a 4th gen. Again that’s my opinion. I guess if u really think about it all Pontiacs are ancient.

I get it, everyone has different tastes. Until I get a house where I can park a car in the living room I see more of the interior than the exterior so I will always put that first.

#longlivethecavalier

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
15959179_large.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Imagine what it costs and the labor involved in just keeping registration and insurance current on all those cars. Hell, just having a system of keeping the keys organized must be crazy. Plus Jay seems to have binders with all the documentation pertaining to the car and a “cheat sheet” of major points of each car that he keeps in the glovebox.
Cheat sheet? Like this guy doesn’t know everything about every car he owns?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
They’re plain interiors, but I don’t think they’re particularly “bad” or out of line for anything from a domestic car manufacturer in the late 90’s lol

Agreed. It wasn't world class luxury by any means, but wasn't bad either. I just refer to it as little tikes because of the quality of the plastics and ease with which they came apart. :D

Otherwise, it was actually pretty nice. I always thought the seats were actually pretty comfy, and the gauges I thought were very well designed.

Reactions: Outlaw

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Pretty sure his early 1900s steamers are straight garbage compared to anything modern too. That’s not the point. Smh

He’s a true enthusiast.

My take is that they're his children in some way and that no mom ever called their babies ugly.

I also think he perceives cars as within the time window they come from and in this case also from the heritage of which they came. Although I could argue the interior of a car like my Lemans is a better one, I would argue the later stuff wasn't that great (say the second gen fbody to the end of the fbody.) I don't know about Mustangs of the era but my god the Ford I owned from the mid 90s (a Contour) was god awful interior wise. I mean I've seen milk jugs that were better plastic.

It could also be the condition of the vehicle its self. How many people here have had new f-bodies that were well cared for, lower mileage and fairly gently driven vs how many people here had f-bodies that were ridden very hard and put away wet? I'm betting a lot more of the latter than the former.

Although he has a ton of exotics too, I also don't think he's lost touch with the blue collar aspects of hot rodding and being a car guy either. If that's the case I think there's a lot of appreciation for the fourth gen because it was a car in the common man's reach that offered a fun driving experience and good performance at the time. Looking at a base 2002 vette online they started at $41K, or a bit under 25% more than this loaded WS6.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Agreed. It wasn't world class luxury by any means, but wasn't bad either. I just refer to it as little tikes because of the quality of the plastics and ease with which they came apart. :D

Bingo. I’ve owned 2 or 3 third gens (don’t remember lol) but have been in tons of 4th gens. It’s clipped together shit. I’ve also owned a 92 park avenue that shit on an f body interior made 10 years later.

GM knew how to make a marginally better interior and didn’t. Because they were too busy putting the effort into a WORLD CHANGING motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info