The Carolina Reaper pepper

stock-t-bird

HVAC/R PARTS EQUIPMENT
Donating Member
Reaction score
One of my customers gave me two homegrown...Warning:these are the fkn hottest pepper in the world,trust me & all of the y/t vids.Its like eating molten lava or Satan's testicles.

They serve no purpose in any recipe except as a gag/gift.Brought to the local bar,fkd everyone up.I warned them to take just a little slice,tough guy Tony didnt listen.Yes,it was funny...but just be careful of the reaper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper
i think ole Catfish Cooley quit drinkin' after this.fkr is nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JEe0P9i0w cheers

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Should've recorded your experience

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Never quite understood the 'so hot my eyes are bleeding' appeal.

I like Tabasco very much. Been to India - the water is spicy...

Hot for the sake of hot does not reward me with superior taste.

I have tried the nosebleed hot stuff, repeatedly, and all I think is hot does not equal quality taste.

What is the appeal with this level of hot at this level or anywhere near it?

stock-t-bird

HVAC/R PARTS EQUIPMENT
Donating Member
Reaction score
zen:like,I said...this pepper serves no purpose in life...add to no recipes....ITS FKN BRUTAL HOT..its just conversation,mainly a gag/gift....carry on...cheers

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yep, insane heat. No thanks

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
zen:like,I said...this pepper serves no purpose in life...add to no recipes....ITS FKN BRUTAL HOT..its just conversation,mainly a gag/gift....carry on...cheers
Oh, we totally agree.

I was asking a genuine question to add to the conversation. I just don't get it.

My Son, Nephew and many of their friends are totally into the too hot to touch sh!t. They will sit in a circle watching each other eat some terrible thing, bleed out of various body orifices and discuss going to the emergency room.
Then tomorrow they find out that there actually is a KING Carolina Reaper Super Deluxe that has an even HIGHER Scoville rating and they will go stand in line for a piece and do it all over again.

And then tell each other how good it all was. Yum Yum.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I can't even handle the sport peppers that come on hotdogs, those are BLAZING hot. No thank you.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like spicy food, but once it reaches a level where I'm sweating then I'm out.

Intel

Reaction score
I like spicy food, but once it reaches a level where I'm sweating then I'm out.
Agreed, for indian food I can do like white person medium. Their version of hot is just too much. My friends who grew up with that level of hot think nothing of it. You just get used to it and work your way up.

HumanWiki

Reaction score
Before the Reaper was bred, I grew some Moruga Scorpions at home. Visually, they're not all that scary...

However, I diced some up, then tossed them in to a tupperware container with some soy sauce so I could eventually make a pepper salt out of it.. (You let them sit a while and get mushy.. They, you pulverize the whole mixture and let it sit a little more before straining out the solid material and evaporating it down to a powder).

Well, I knew they were not to be trifled with, so after handling, I scoured and scrubbed my hands and washed them something like 6-8 times.. Thinking that was all good, I stupidly wiped my face w/o thinking anything.

My cheeks were on fire for the rest of the night to the point I was laying on the couch with Ice Pops covering me. The next morning, all 10 fingers tingled like I'd been sleeping on them.

The Carolina Reaper is hotter than that.. So... other than using it as a weapon, I am also out.

The Italian

But not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
Love watching the videos of other people fucking themselves up over it but I wouldn't even dream of it. Habanero is about the hottest I'll get but its gotta be in a sauce or something. I won't eat the pepper itself like dumbass Cooley did.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, there's a Mexican restaurant that makes a salsa with the Carolina hot pepper. My wife and father-in-law love it. Lol

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Love watching the videos of other people fucking themselves up over it but I wouldn't even dream of it. Habanero is about the hottest I'll get but its gotta be in a sauce or something. I won't eat the pepper itself like dumbass Cooley did.
Habanero is hot enough for me. I can deal with Habanero based sauces, though I don't enjoy eating them raw.

To me a Sport Pepper, or the Pepperchini's some places include with the Pizzas, or salads are a burst of some flavor, but nothing that sticks around.

stock-t-bird

HVAC/R PARTS EQUIPMENT
Donating Member
Reaction score
all im saying is ,try a small sliver the size of your fingernail..idiots on y/t are crazy for eating it
it's incredible,crossing this off my bucket list...I tried it

its a simple gag-gift to fuck with co-workers/friends who lost a bet/etc..have milk/bread handy..its FKN HOT,12 minute burn

Alex,I am sending u one to fuck with your coworkers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom