• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

The A&F post on facebook that is going like wildfire... kind of long

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
devil's advocate..

it might seem like "ok, don't shop there then." but when your friends are all in something and you can't even fit, it does kinda make you feel shitty. i got over that in high school, when i was a 2x and they weren't even making 1x shit and i was only 270 at 6'2 .

that said.

it's totally different on the recieving end of shit when you're bullied 24/7 by people for how you look and then someone says some shit like that.

you can't really see it from the other half, so i figured i'd say something. it is what it is. :dunno:

inb4: fix it if you want.

jussayin'

Wanna wear the size mediums and larges? Lose weight

Being obese is nobody else's fault, not in any case (except for the 1 in 83739487373 people that ACTUALLY have a medical condition, not just claim it as an excuse)

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
devil's advocate..

it might seem like "ok, don't shop there then." but when your friends are all in something and you can't even fit, it does kinda make you feel shitty. i got over that in high school, when i was a 2x and they weren't even making 1x shit and i was only 270 at 6'2 .

that said.

it's totally different on the recieving end of shit when you're bullied 24/7 by people for how you look and then someone says some shit like that.

you can't really see it from the other half, so i figured i'd say something. it is what it is. :dunno:

jussayin'

Well said.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
devil's advocate..

that said.

jussayin'

How the fuck did you get bullied being 6'2" and 270? Most don't fuck with the guy big enough to bust their shit. You must have been asking for it. I've been 6' and 285 since freshman year (14+ years ago), and I never got fucked with. I also never once cried about clothes not fitting, or not being able to wear the same clothes. Why are you copying your friends anyway?

I like what the guy said, he was honest. People need to stop being such pussies about everything. Don't like a business, don't shop there. Don't like a person, don't associate with them. Then move the fuck on with your life..

/end rational fat person rant

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Wanna wear the size mediums and larges? Lose weight

Being obese is nobody else's fault, not in any case (except for the 1 in 83739487373 people that ACTUALLY have a medical condition, not just claim it as an excuse)
Who's to say I *don't* already have medical problems that I just don't post all over the internet? fuck ass.

How the fuck did you get bullied being 6'2" and 270? Most don't fuck with the guy big enough to bust their shit. You must have been asking for it. I've been 6' and 285 since freshman year (14+ years ago), and I never got fucked with. I also never once cried about clothes not fitting, or not being able to wear the same clothes. Why are you copying your friends anyway?

I like what the guy said, he was honest. People need to stop being such pussies about everything. Don't like a business, don't shop there. Don't like a person, don't associate with them. Then move the fuck on with your life..

/end rational fat person rant
went to bad kid school cause i did some dumb shit. everyone there was a fucking tuff guy.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
devil's advocate..

that said.

jussayin'

No one (accept [MENTION=6359]N20GT[/MENTION] lol) is arguing that people get bullied or that it sucks. What we're saying is that the guy started the company to sell expensive clothes to skinny "all American" people. He doesn't care if you get bullied. In his opinion it is more profitable to continue making clothes for the bullies. It sucks but at the end of the day it's his company and he is entitled to his opinion.

I mean how would you feel if all the ricers started spray-painting their engine parts :fth: I bet you'd be all "Hey, that's not a GM!". Well his opinion is the same, he'd be all like "Hey, you're not a yuppy suburban white girl!" if he saw a beached beluga in a snazzy A+F cardigan.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:bowrofl: at sools's cry post get real you fuck.

I'm 6'5" a&f doesn't carry jeans or shirts that fit me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CAN'T WEAR THE COOL CLOTHES AND CLOTHES ARE HOW I IDENTIFY MYSELF WAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm going to go after A&F, Old Navy, Gap, Hollister, Express, American Eagle, Pac Sun, and whoever else lays in my path because they don't stock any clothes that fit me.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I just noticed this thread.

First of all, Abercrombie isn't even cool anymore :rofl: who fucking cares if a grown woman is too fat to wear their clothing?! Haven't seen anyone I know wearing an Abercrombie sweatshirt in at least 6 years. Maybe it's still cool for fucking 13 year olds.

Second of all, it was never a secret that AF hired potential models for their stores. I had two friends who worked for AF back in high school and she told me they always had talent scouts coming to their stores to find new faces for their ads. I don't think there is anything wrong with hiring a certain person to represent your company - doesn't everybody do this? I know for a fact in my industry we look for a specific type of person to hire and the way they physically present themselves is extremely important. Also, take a stroll down Rodeo drive or fucking Northbrook Mall and count how many fat chicks are working in the designer stores. You won't find many, if any.

Third, it's just like the whole chick fil a debate. Not buying their clothes and complaining on your Facebook page is not going to change their minds. People are still going to buy it regardless.

Fourth, if you want to wear their clothing THAT bad and it makes you that upset then put down the fucking quarter pounder with cheese, stop complaining and get your jiggly ass on a treadmill for crying out loud. Get healthy for fucks sake. You should be ashamed to fight for your right to stay fat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info