Tesla tows truck blocking Supercharger stalls.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
This isn't staged, he states this was a test with a family members truck. So no angry red-necks are going to come out screaming. This was more of test to see if the Tesla could to a truck out of a spot.

But this has been happening in some spots.

I'm not sure I'd want to deal with the legality and possible confrontational problems. If some is enough of an ass-hole to block the supercharger spots on purpose, they are already jerks, do you want to see if they wanna fight about it too? I'd rather just have management call the police to have it towed out.

https://youtu.be/ClDpGqj3PGA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Staged and wet. Fake news.
I don't consider it staged because the video owner states that its more of a test. To me the "staged" comment means that they are going to have someone come out screaming in fake rage and start a fake fight.

This is more of a straight up, COULD the Tesla do it video.

Yeah, its wet, but the Tesla is on that same wet pavement too. Maybe if the truck had all 4 wheels locked it would be different.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Why not just pull further down the row to get to an open charger? Truck is only blocking a few of them.

As Matt says, it's staged and set up to work. Water under the truck and 2 wheels not locked.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
CNN had this on

lastls1

Reaction score
It’s just funny how people have nothing better to do than sit there and block a spot. Lol like you literally spent a good part of your day just sitting. For what?

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I've seen several Tesla's doing the same thing by blocking gas station pumps. Not a doubt in the world my F150 could drag it right out of the way if needed. Don't even need to test it out with a family member's Tesla to prove it.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Yea, what was the point? That it could drag another vehicle 10, 20 or more feet out of the way?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
This shit is CLICK bait like a MOFO.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
What's funny to me is it doesn't take all that much power to move a truck that's parked if there's traction. Betting almost anything with AWD or most anything RWD could as well. As 10sec said, Tesla in the title to garner clicks.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
I mean from what I could find, the model X has more torque than most anything on the road except the newest diesel trucks so this isn’t very surprising. I saw a figure like 730ft/lbs of torque.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom