tesla crash at who knows what, off at 160+

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
complete moron almost kills himself:

seems to have ignored both the brake manufacturer's instructions, as well as any common fucking sense, every step of the way.

used STOCK brake fluid

> yup and i didnt do a full flush i only filled up what i lost during the [big brake kit install] process. They recommend getting rid of the stock fluid completely and now we all know exactly why.

i literally changed the fluid on my brz the second day i owned it, and before i even put gas in it for the first time. as far as i can tell from the channel the dude is a drag guy if that, maybe just a guy that owns fast cars. idiot is even bitching and trying to blame tesla.

zTpFZ0t.jpg

and who the fuck blazes around full speed on a real track without a helmet? it's AMAZING this dude didn't die.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
complete moron almost kills himself:

seems to have ignored both the brake manufacturer's instructions, as well as any common fucking sense, every step of the way.

used STOCK brake fluid

i literally changed the fluid on my brz the second day i owned it, and before i even put gas in it for the first time. as far as i can tell from the channel the dude is a drag guy if that, maybe just a guy that owns fast cars. idiot is even bitching and trying to blame tesla.

zTpFZ0t.jpg

and who the fuck blazes around full speed on a real track without a helmet? it's AMAZING this dude didn't die.

To kind of piggy back onto this, I imagine if anyone has researched the hell out of this it has been you, my Cobra is going to 2004 Cobra brakes all the way around and a new hydraboost unit, I assume I should be going to a much better brake fluid when he installs it, any recommendations?

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Also the argument of ā€œwhy does the car have track mode if you canā€™t drive it on the trackā€ is bullshit. Even corvettes have you perform modifications before using them on a track (adding trans fluid). Anybody with any common sense knows that brakes are the #1 thing that must be perfect on a track car.

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
To kind of piggy back onto this, I imagine if anyone has researched the hell out of this it has been you, my Cobra is going to 2004 Cobra brakes all the way around and a new hydraboost unit, I assume I should be going to a much better brake fluid when he installs it, any recommendations?
I used to use ATE type 200 back in the day when you could get it in two colors.

Motul 5.1 is what Iā€™d use and what Iā€™ve got in my jack stand car :rofl:

Reactions: FESTER665

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Fucking idiots for not bleeding/flushing with fluid that can handle race temps.

Also fucking idiot for not wearing a helmet.

Also fucking idiot #3 for having mis-matched tires on the car which will cause the balance to change as the tires heat up.

If I was going to be tracking something like that, Castrol SRF brake fluid. Don't care about the cost.

Hell, if I was going to start seriously tracking the RS, I'd fill it with SRF. peace of mind.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Easiest way to write off a car at a track day is using old fluid, wrong fluid. I write a date on every bottle when I open it and if its older than a year it gets thrown out.

If you aren't tracking (race track not a drag strip) it you don't really need track fluid. I have used castrol SRF in my mazda3 which I daily drive and track but I also change that fluid every year before the new track season. The issue with track fluid is for the higher boiling point it pulls in more water out of the air so you can't just leave it in the car for 3-4 years like more stockish fluid.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i used rbf 600 but if not tracking there is not much to worry about. i have a bbk on the brz and it's so light that i'd really only bleed them once the season started due to the hydroscopic properties. on the sti i used to bleed them before almost every track day though. modern cars became a lot chonkier and plenty of people seem to bleed them throughout the day now too.

you can use paint and strips to find out what temperature stuff is getting up to also.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The problem is he probably treated it like a drag strip. Except at a drag strip you make your run, jam on the brakes to slow down, then you have a long, slow, lazy trip to get back in line where the brakes often cool down enough that the heat doesn't soak into the fluid.

At a road course, there is little to no time to cool down the brakes.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info