TCG & IRL Present: Summer Kickoff | Friday, June 9th at GLD

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Anyone interested in helping Teege24 Teege24 with the two hat races? Primarily just getting cars lined up in staging, etc.
Kevin Hart No GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
UPDATE:
  • Anyone that is staff for the event will be wearing highlighter green shirts with STAFF on the back. Find us for any questions or concerns.
  • We will have TWO tents set up. One will be by staging and that will be where you can typically find Teege24 Teege24 for all things hat races. The second tent will be over by the big ol white store building, and that is where you can find myself or MagicM4 MagicM4 randomly standing around if you need help with anything race day specific.
  • We will have the 8.9 racers parked in short staging all day (when youre not parked by your trailer or whatever). 10.6 racers, we would like you guys to stick to the far two right lanes in normal staging, even when T&Ting. This will help us keep track of everyone.

More updates to come.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm also gonna try my hand at filming most of the event from my phone and even bought a fancy gimbal to help. We'll see how that goes.
Any live streams?
I'm sooooo fucking tempted to do the rehearsal at noon tomorrow then blow off the rehearsal dinner at 5pm to come out to this.
If the Wife gets pissed, I'm fine as its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. I'd have to run it past my daughter though

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Schedule for Friday:

• For those in the burbs that want to cruise, we will be meeting at Dick's / Streets of Woodfield. Parking lot that faces the highway. We will be leaving at 7:45 on the button, no exceptions.
  • Gates open around 9 for racers (if you arrive early and entry is roped off, just hang tight and when we get there, we'll let everyone in.
  • Spectators can start showing up at 10.
  • We're hoping the track goes live between 10-1030 for T&T. If 10, drivers meeting for 10.6/8.9 will be at 11. If 1030, 1130. Teege24 Teege24 will go over all the stuff you need to know for that day of.
  • IF, for whatever reason, we cannot wrap up both hat races, we will complete everything when the track opens to the public at 5 (this should not be needed).

T&T will run throughout the day in between the two hat races. Everyone should get plenty of runs in.

Notes:

• Bring a helmet
  • DO NOT RUN YOUR AC ANYWHERE NEAR THE LANES
  • If you break, immediately pull off to the side. Don't try and limp it down the track and risk oiling down the lane.
  • Tech is relaxed but make sure you don't have anything hanging off the car, etc
  • Both hat races will be run with auto-start off
  • Staff will be wearing highlighter green shirts
  • Two tents - One by staging, where you'll find Teege and the other out in parking where you can find myself and MagicM4 MagicM4
  • Spectator parking is preferred in the grass, so that main parking can be for trailers, racers, etc. DO NOT BLOCK TRAILERS

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I know everyone hates another app, but for the sake of the track day and keeping everything as organized as possible, i created a channel on our discord server for the event. i would strongly ask that you all download discord and create an account just so that we dont have 10 chats open trying to keep everyone updated. you can uninstall friday night. we'll obviously be keeping all channels updated, but this would just help us a ton https://discord.gg/63yXWuuR

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I’m bummed that the whole event is clocks off. Especially for a class that has defined times. Can’t you leave it up to the racer? Takes a lot of fun from spectating.
We're working on that. Sounds like, at the least, slow car will be on.

We went clocks off so that there were no mistakes on the part of GLD. But talking to racers and I think we'll be changing things up.

Thread Info