Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Well I have the same issue with 2400x1080 and 3200x1440 so I doubt it's a "wide enough" issue.

Same issue in chrome and duckduckgo.

Also landscape mode cuts off new posts bolt and search button.
The lightning bolt is gone because it got wiped in the template merge. Need to fix it.

Actually no, it still loads on mobile, just not landscape (because the site is being treated full width, so it defaults to what whats new tab or the new posts button on the homepage). And I dont think I ever had it active on desktop. So nevermind.

Search button remains on landscape.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm editing the editor layout for desktop and mobile. Let me know how each looks and if I'm missing anything. Keep in mind, more tools are hidden in the 3 button menu. If you'd prefer some who out the gate over others, let me know.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Took me a few extra seconds to figure out where the Giphy option was. Not sure if the "GIF" button can be renamed "GIPHY"?

Also, maybe it will take time to see how that top answers thing works in reality, but from the preview, it makes the thread look really choppy.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Using the browser on the phone, the reply box icons are all blacked out. Unable to select any of them.
The laptop worked okay last night. I logged out and back in on the phone. Still nada

Sigh :rofl:

I assume you mean the editor buttons and not the actual reply button. If its the reply button, let me know asap.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
How much quicker is the new setup? Reason I ask is I don't notice any difference speed wise compared to before.
If you're viewing on desktop, we were already pretty blazing fast. So the site will be snappier but in testing, the update is marginal. Still playing around with mobile, as our score actually dropped on that...but thats a project for the weekend.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just noticed this. A link to download our "app" shows up on mobile. Nice.

Screenshot_20211230-232155.png

Thread Info