Glen Ellyn
I'm putting you into the fucking wall
You know I like it rough

giphy.gif

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
haven't been karting at autobahn in a while and know it changed - thought they might have actually got karts that let you weight them so you could even people out though too?

i've seen that being used in dubai. there was a cool company vs. company event for all sorts of sports across town. eg. ibm vs. accenture in karting and volleyball and etc. girls and men's league karting - was funny because the girls (25?) all came in and were like hugging and congratulating eachother. a bunch of dudes came into pit after the final race like hothead assholes and got up in eachother's face a bit.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I've never been real karting before and I've never been to Autobahn. If you see me, it'll look like this...

giphy.gif

- watch some videos of guys online at the same course
- at least have some clue about racing lines
- if you've never done it before, keep in mind, you can basically go faster at any given point on the track that you'll be in, so stop being a little bitch
- the gap between drag boys and curvy boys will be pretty obvious, regardless of weight

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
- watch some videos of guys online at the same course
- at least have some clue about racing lines
- if you've never done it before, keep in mind, you can basically go faster at any given point on the track that you'll be in, so stop being a little bitch
- the gap between drag boys and curvy boys will be pretty obvious, regardless of weight
I don't like when you're mean to me.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I don't like when you're mean to me.

a lot of it, esp at this power level, is just finding out where you don't need to brake/can just turn and hang in it, although it does require a proper line and sometimes a little guts, you just need to work up to it and make it happen. they probably top out at 45 so you don't want to go fuck all into a wall, but probably won't and it won't be that bad. if you do something like a rotax kart, they have so much more power and stick that their level is definitely enough to scare the shit out of you when really pushing it. karts also feel like they wanna die if you're only going like 50 in them

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I used to go to Melrose Indoor Grand Prix somewhat regularly when I was younger. Once it closed I haven't been karting since. I've done some autocross and road course stuff, so I can somewhat figure out proper racing lines. No guarantees that my Mustang owner leaving cars and coffee instincts won't kick in though if my kart gets loose in a corner.

MagicM4

Jun 29, 2021
Last time we went with a group of more then 15 it was great , I don’t think anyone had used brakes, if you have your own helmet bring it, most of us had shorts on and must have shoes on. It’s crazy how the races last about 10 minutes and how fast that time flys. Just make sure to eat before there isn’t jack shit down there that’s open other then a truck stop

Thread Info