đź’¬ OT TCG Florida crew, assemble!

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Anna Maria island is MONEY. We love Indian Rocks as well for that Clearwater feel without the crowds. We park at 16th street. Public access, free parking and free clean public showers. As you walk out you can rinse off the feet or whole kids whatever. We really liked Fort Desoto as well. You can see the oil tankers coming in really well there. Plus lots of open beach since you have to pay $5 to get into the park and drive pretty far back to the water.

We havent been to the beach in probably over a year at this point. Just so busy lately with all the kids activities and school. But once it gets warmer, we are going back again. Love having the option. Hell it was nice just being outside over the last two days playing with the christmas presents the kids wouldnt get to play with in winter weather up north.
Fort desoto is an always a good time and same with pass a grille just a few more miles away.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I like that area. We used to go more often when we lived close. There's lot of restaurants and the beaches are nice. I don't know I have any specific recommendations. Though the bridge to get into/out of Ana Marie Island can be a real bitch as it is single lane and slow moving.

Reactions: RedBeard

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
You cant go wrong with any of the restaurants on the island. beachhouse is great, sandbar, ugly grouper, beach bistro. There is only one place that rents boats and jetski's on the gulf side and they charge a premium for it. better off renting on the intercoastal and cruise up the north side of the island into the gulf. Plenty of cool outside bars to get liquored up at.

Reactions: frank and RedBeard

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Places to see and eat

Check out both piers in Anna Maria one is better than the other but still good to check out.

Galenti marina Anna Maria, cool to just see some of the huge boats out of the water.

Bean point in Anna Maria - where Tampa bay and the gulf meet.

Pack some snorkel masks as the water is very clear and can find some star fish, sand dollars, etc…

Ice cream shops galore on the island to visit all are decent.

There is a free trolley that goes around the island runs late into the night.

Anna Marie jail - it’s dumb but it’s funny.

Off the island. If you like manatee’s, check out Portosueno Park, small cove where the manatees hang out. Early morning or evening to view them.

Check out the Mote Aquarium cruise the coast south into Sarasota two buildings to view, all the sea life you need to see. Two restaurants also there old salty dog and a shack of a place, we prefer the shack.

St Armand’s circle ( 5 mins from the mote) 20 restaurants to choose from, plenty of shopping , more beach, etc… feel like oakbrook, place to visit and say you went.

Restaurants - on Anna Maria
The Ugly Grouper,
Skinny place
Anna Maria beach island beach cafe - walk up place on the beach
Bay Street commons between the Walgreens and Publix has a nice mix of ethnic restaurants all decent.
Publix subs / fried chicken can’t go wrong for a cheap lunch at the beach or pool.

Dont know much about the fancy places as we’re not always interested in them, we prefer more hole in the wall looking places.

Cortez has a good fish restaurant highly recommend if you like seafood, it’s called Star Fish Company, cool to check out. Cortez is on the mainland.

Holmes beach area just south of Anna Maria check out Bay street and Bridge street, lots of dining options, shopping, etc.. they have a pier on bridge street, go at night as the water is all lit up and can see the fish swimming around.

If you have time go over into st Pete and check out Fort Desoto, cool beaches, old forts, jails, cannons, etc… to see.

I’m sure there will be a few more places to go visit as I think of them.

Thread Info