(Supposedly) Ford brought a GT to the Ring - going for a lap time?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I don't understand the point. GM outsources Corvette development to Pratt & Miller for their expertise and Mercury Marine built the LT5. Lotus has done a lot of R&D and engineering for many large manufacturers.

No point really other than proving that outsources companies have always been a part of sports car development. I mean Shelby and a couple other shops in the UK were more instrumental in the GT40’s development, and Multimatic for the new GT. Did Multimatic also develop the race version?

No, robotics for assembly, welding, etc. I've witnessed it with my own eyes.

The point of differentiation is hand built vs. mass production. Your Ford F-150 is mass produced vs. a McLaren 720S which is hand built.

wow, you've been to an assembly plant? LMFAO. ok

The only difference here is an economy of scale. You really think someone made every part for the gt without automation equipment? The assembly process or body panel fitment withot ergonomic hoists? The wiring looms, glass, .... do i need to go on?

I get it, you love ford.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
wow, you've been to an assembly plant? LMFAO. ok

The only difference here is an economy of scale. You really think someone made every part for the gt without automation equipment? The assembly process or body panel fitment withot ergonomic hoists? The wiring looms, glass, .... do i need to go on?

I get it, you love ford.

I've been to multiple assembly plants. There's a big difference in how a McLaren is made vs. a Corvette. If you don't believe me, catch a "How its Made" episode on TV when they are building supercars.

It has nothing to do with my love of Ford. Other manufactures have outsourced R&D and Manufacturing. It's an irrelevant point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info