Subaru testing a BRZ STI in the states

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
that's funny since you're the one who has rationalized in their head the fictional mustang buyer with no budget who when track oriented buys the gt350.

back in reality, 25k cross shipped sporty cars in articles compare exactly these cars:
Subaru BRZ vs. Ford Mustang EcoBoost Comparison - Right Foot Down
Poll: Subaru BRZ Premium or Ford Mustang Fastback V6? » AutoGuide.com News

and look, cross shopped by actual buyers too:
86 vs. Mustang (v6) - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/2muzlc/2015_gt86frsbrz_or_2015_mustang_v6ecoboost/

ryan doesn't get why anyone who tracks would pick the brz, because the summation of his track knowledge is a youtube video. you don't get it because you have googley eyes for mustangs and ignore the threads above and think 25k shoppers become 35-50k shoppers.

how about another angle - there's spec86 and 86 cup race series. where's the v6 mustang race series? "oh but anyone who wants to race mustangs races v8s"? but people, in your own words, consider cost and value as well. so at the cheaper price point why aren't they choosing a v6 mustang to make a class around?

I said that Mustang ENTHUSIASTS (and other brands) have multiple performance models that enthusiasts will purchase within the model line. Mustang enthusiasts will choose the GT or GT350 because it’s faster, has bigger brakes, etc. That’s why naturally you don’t see many V6’s at the track and you’ll see the performance models of the Mustang brand. In addition, enthusiasts will consider both used and new cars to get the best performance car for the buck. So if I am in the market for a Mustang with $25K in my pocket, I would look at Cobras, Boss Mustangs, and late model 5.0s all of which are much more capable vehicles than a new BRZ.

Can let this thread die and all agree that based on the data?

1. BRZ’s are slow by today’s standards
2. V6’s Mustangs are faster on the track
3. No one really buys a V6 Mustang as a track car (unless they are gutting for a race car).
4. The most important variable is the driver.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
you're right jason, i agree, mustang enthusiasts buying mustangs will buy the most mustang they can afford. but so what? no one has been talking about mustang enthusiasts but you.

i have talked about people spending 25k on a car and buying one they take to the track. you ignore that these are the real shoppers that exist even when i shove links in your face with that exact conversation taking place among people actually buying one of the cars. the track oriented ones don't pick the mustang, period. in your mind you've rationalized out some fantasy where the decide to spend an extra 15k on the mustang and get a higher model, they've become mustang enthusiasts with greater budgets through magic. in reality some of them do choose the mustang, and they are not the kind of people who take it to tracks.

you opined yourself how you did not understand why such a good car is not used for this application more often - and the v6 mustang is good enough now that i am surprised it has yet to break the low barrier of 0 in my observance either - nevertheless it is what it is.

miata: drivers and hairdressers
86s: drivers and vaping stancelords
v6 mustangs: just hairdressers

how your are bringing in cobras and bosses i have no idea. if people are cross shopping older used cars of this type they are doing it with similar camaros and vettes etc, no one is cross shopping a brz and a boss mustang particularly for the track. you have all the right answers for the questions you've imagined and ignore the ones actually taking place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info