đź“° Auto News Sub-Brand Genesis Now Has its Own Sub-Brand..."Magma"

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Maybe these cars will be a decent buy when they're 2 years old and selling for 60% off original MSRP ?

• Genesis showed the GV60 Magma concept at an event ahead of the New York auto show.
  • A production version isn't far away and is expected to lead the charge for a slew of high-performance Magma vehicles.
  • Genesis said it plans to launch a Magma model for every vehicle in its existing lineup.
hero7-genesis-magma-1-660233fbb61ae.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So this is Genesis answer to M and AMG then?
It's still a hyundai and will be sold and serviced at Hyundai dealerships, so

No. Not even close.

I think hoondai is very much overestimating how far up in price point they can stretch their brand, crazy depreciation on the genesis vehicles should have told them this

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Maybe these cars will be a decent buy when they're 2 years old and selling for 60% off original MSRP ?

• Genesis showed the GV60 Magma concept at an event ahead of the New York auto show.
  • A production version isn't far away and is expected to lead the charge for a slew of high-performance Magma vehicles.
  • Genesis said it plans to launch a Magma model for every vehicle in its existing lineup.
hero7-genesis-magma-1-660233fbb61ae.jpg
I’ve always like the GV80, but couldn’t see paying $80k for a Hyundai. At 60% off though for something gently used I’d probably consider it.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
typical hyundai, "let just steal from everyone else" mentality. The cars have huge grills like the bmw, but angled down like the mercedes, they just lift the entire rear from porsche and about half the interior. Its cheaply made so nothing looks quite right but you extra panel gaps for free.
"Dude, you just paid 80k for a hyundai!"

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
typical hyundai, "let just steal from everyone else" mentality. The cars have huge grills like the bmw, but angled down like the mercedes, they just lift the entire rear from porsche and about half the interior. Its cheaply made so nothing looks quite right but you extra panel gaps for free.
"Dude, you just paid 80k for a hyundai!"
That grill looks like a biggier, gaudier version of the ct5v grill, just pulled down a little bit at the bottom center. Genesis has been infamous for this. Like this car has a front bumper inspired by an M5, headlights from an E class, the side looks like a mix between a 5 series and a lexus GS, etc. They have never seemed original at all to me

2018-genesis-g80-sport.jpg

Reactions: S8ER01Z and Kaeghl

Thread Info