Stripping Paint from trim

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
The roller I just bought has one of those "we paint everything that isnt taped off" deals going on. I want to strip the paint off the trim pieces on the exterior of the car. They are supposed to be black from the factory. I believe they are just plastic pieces, and aren't painted. So I just want to remove the paint, and it should be black underneath. What do I use to strip the paint off these areas? I wouldn't think to sand it, since I don't believe it'll need to be painted after. I've seen some things online that say use rubbing alcohol or DOT 3 brake fluid (yeah I was like :liljon: when I saw this)

I did a MSPaint edit and circled the areas that I want to remove the paint. I put an arrow towards the mirror, but I'll prob leave that painted.

Thanks!

Slow Buick

eat ass drive fast
Reaction score
There's a capri in the yard at waukegan. Why not just swap it. :jg:

OP
Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
The whole door? Why would I do that? No need to scrap that rear piece either, its in good shape. That's for the heads up though im gunna go check that out.

Maniak

Reaction score
i bet paint thinner would work. aircraft stripper would work wonders but that would probably damage the color of the plastic.

if it were me i would just sand it off and repaint it black

Outlaw

Reaction score
Exactly what I was going to suggest. Remove it (if possibile) strip it, and paint it black, you could even do a satin finish to make it look more original.

slow4.6

Reaction score
i would buy new, or scuff with a scuff pad and paint it exterior satin black

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom