Street Outlaws: Murica’s List

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Yep Reaction GIF
It’s been debated to death. Street raced cars.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Big Chief put out this video explaining why he isn’t on the show. Basically does not agree with the direction of the show: rule changes, who gets to race. He will not be in the next two shows but he will continue to race on his own and just do what he wants.
I respect his decision but no way the network is gonna let him walk. Even though he says he doesn’t care about the money…it’s about the money. IMHO…he wants the power of input for the show.

His body language says something ain’t right. He is very defensive and uncomfortable.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Big Chief put out this video explaining why he isn’t on the show. Basically does not agree with the direction of the show: rule changes, who gets to race. He will not be in the next two shows but he will continue to race on his own and just do what he wants.
I respect his decision but no way the network is gonna let him walk. Even though he says he doesn’t care about the money…it’s about the money. IMHO…he wants the power of input for the show.

His body language says something ain’t right. He is very defensive and uncomfortable.

I mean he’s definitely hiding something or not saying something, but I’m not sure it’s dollars. The rumors were he got in a huge fight during the drivers meeting with Precious (which he didn’t even address) and he just decided that it wasn’t worth the bullshit to be there. Who knows, I dig his YouTube channel so I’m good watching that from time to time.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
The OG show is played out. Tired of watching the same 10 dudes racing. Top 25 is alright because it’s more people. I am digging the spin-offs like the cash day shows. Team shows are OK. I just like seeing race car shit. I will still watch though…it’s all I got since I am a retired street thug grudge racer (sarcasm)

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
GLADIATOR GLADIATOR, here is Reaper's reaction to the Chief video, it's pretty interesting:

It makes sense about the first NPK. Back then the rumor was that Big Chief wanted a % of tickets sold. That’s why pilgrim had to pay him to show up. Reaper has posted a lot of background secrets because he obviously doesn’t get a check from Pilgrim…NFG

Swanstrom also started posting how all the new cars being built are because of the “checks” the big names are getting. He isn’t on the payroll either. I always wondered if they got royalty checks.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I could be wrong, but I always though Chief was the leader and really made the show happen. I would not doubt that the racers all have different deals ranging from pretty good to nothing.

My guy based on what I've heard and seen, and the fact that Chief leaving the show rumors have been doing around since last summer was that he asked for something he didn't get and quit or he got fired. And he's being careful about what he says because he's still getting money from the show. Now Reaper's content all sounded kinda legit to me.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Also, I watched the America's List episode last night where they show the crash of JJ and his wife. The camera inside JJ's car showing the fire was crazy to see. Both crashes were bad. I'm glad they both at least survived.

One thing that has always annoyed me is how they choose to race. JJ wouldn't wear even a fire jacket because "He's too street" for that. He would just wear his open-face helmet. So then he wouldn't buy one when he was asked to wear one. So he borrows someone else's when he races. Because owning one on bad luck. Fucking retarded thinking. Most of that team just wears a helmet and fire jacket. You can watch the video from inside JJ's car you can see because he had an open-face helmet he takes his hands off the wheel to shield his face. Or maybe to get his hands away from the flames or hot steering wheel. That is when the car makes the hard move to the centerline. Had he worn the full-face helmet, fire gloves, and the other safety equipment, maybe the car keeps going straight? His injuries would have been reduced I'm sure.

Another thing that has always pissed me off with JJ and the women flip-flopping cars, the women were never fitted to the car properly. They would use bed pillows to help them fit into the seat and reach the pedals. Horrible idea! In previous crashes, you can see Trish well out of her seat and her whole body flailing away as the car rolled. His son had his helmet fall off in another crash. JJ and the women are of vastly different sizes. You can't outfit a car to be universal to anyone. Well, not to have the safety equipment work properly.

Hopefully, after this, they wear full protective gear and have fire suppression systems. You don't refuse to buy and use this stuff because you think having it is going to bring you bad luck. You have it as an insurance policy. And hope you never need to rely on any of it. They have crashed plenty in the past and yet here they were with minimal safety equipment. I really really hope this has them rethinking their programs. Not just JJ and his wife, but that whole team. Heck, anyone on any of these shows or people who watch them.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Yeah anyone who knows and has met Lyle Barnett knows that getting burned is a very serious deal.

So America's list is a invite-only Top 25 list of folks? And then NPK is the national series and anyone can participate if they fit the rules?
They run a big tire event and the invitational at NPK. The invitational will fill open spots with a race your way in. It’s all based on points if you have a spot or not. If 20 big name invitationals show up then 12 spots are available. If you don’t have points after the first race you have to keep racing your way in until you have points to be considered to race in the 32 field.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yes and no. It is an invite for the most part. But there is a way you can qualify to race your way in. They have an elimination the night before. Then the top few may get a chance at the field. Depending on how is already in the field but don't show up.

Yes, Lyle is a good example for others to learn from. Years ago Shane, myself, and a couple of other people were at NMRA in Bradenton when one of the upper-class cars caught fire just past half-track. It was trans fluid which is highly flammable. The car was engulfed in flames. It took him forever to slow down, stop, and get out. He got out and refused to go to the hospital with the track ambulance. Probably due to insurance reasons. His burns were bad. Later people said he was in the pits talking to someone and his skin started sliding off his face. That is when I decided I would install a fire suppression system. Even if it just gives you a few seconds extra time, it would be money well spent.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
One of the first things I noticed, in all of the various series, is that hardly anyone was even wearing gloves. It doesn't take much to burn your hands or tear them up, I know from experience. You crash and shit is on fire, everything you touch could be hot and melt your skin off.

But, hey, they're "outlaws".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info