*sold* 3800 turbo K2500

$4000

Twin turbochargers.

4x4

18mpg

Project truck with a build thread in my signature.

Recommend HP Tuners or DHP access to make adjustments to the tune as needed. It runs and drives as is, makes epic boost noises. 300k miles, recently rolled over so looks like brand new again with a 300k mile old 3800. It does 4 wheel burnouts in my backyard as of two days ago.

Boost!
5gvOgJ0.jpg

Mattstrike

Random Crazy Custom Car guy
Feb 13, 2014
I need to reduce the size of the project fleet, this is the first one on the chopping block since it's outside the boundary of "needed".

I've got a toggle switch for the Trans TCC on it right now, it functions better than the original TCC control circuit ever did though I'd like to finish the PICAXE microcontroller stuff still.

I don't really want to let it go, but life happens.

Reactions: v6buicks

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I need to reduce the size of the project fleet, this is the first one on the chopping block since it's outside the boundary of "needed".

I've got a toggle switch for the Trans TCC on it right now, it functions better than the original TCC control circuit ever did though I'd like to finish the PICAXE microcontroller stuff still.

I don't really want to let it go, but life happens.

All you really need is an LM339, a couple pots and to tap your TPS/MAP sensor plus a few switching transistors/FETs. No need to think about code with this one IMO.

GLWS although I'll likewise be one of the people saddened to see it go.

Mattstrike

Random Crazy Custom Car guy
Feb 13, 2014
All you really need is an LM339, a couple pots and to tap your TPS/MAP sensor plus a few switching transistors/FETs. No need to think about code with this one IMO.

I am interested in the tech info for this, it's nothing I've come across yet. However, the benefit of the PICAXE and code is the abilty to actually tune it for better or worse, vs. using a simple toggle switch on the dash..

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
The LM339 is easy. You have 2 comparators and they well compare. If a voltage is greater on one input pin than the other it comes on. a schmidt trigger may be a better option with it incorporating some hysteresis. You then use some bjts as switching transistors so that it disables the tcc lock up when you are on the brakes or when you are not in specific gears.

Use a couple trim pots to set the reference voltage on the lm339 inputs and you are gtg.

I am surprised Hayden gets away with the price they do on their fan controllers considering it's about 7 bucks in parts and done basically the same way.

Thread Info