so ugh.. wheres the body guys at?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just did a little research and surprisingly enough, its all about money. Sand is cheaper per ton, but requires more applications and can be a mess to clean up. Cities have had issues with it clogging sewers as well. In the long run sand will cost more, and be less effective in heavy snow areas.

fuck yer logic.

seems to work out west just fine.

they get a fuck ton more snow than us.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Just did a little research and surprisingly enough, its all about money. Sand is cheaper per ton, but requires more applications and can be a mess to clean up. Cities have had issues with it clogging sewers as well. In the long run sand will cost more, and be less effective in heavy snow areas.

It's all about the money keeping those companies in business laying the salt and tearing the asphalt roads up every 9 months instead of making the roads out of concrete and using sand like everyone else who gets a fuck ton more snow than us does.

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
Trust me, power washing it and washing it wont help. I had my own car wash and salt never sat on my truck for extended periods. When I pulled the bed to do the fuel pump I wire brushed the entire bottom of the bed and frame rails from the cab back and POR15'ed it and it still came back in less than a year.

Fuck salt.

this makes me sad... it would be so easy for these companys to make their vehicles rust proof. but they wont, probably so people keep buying new vehicles

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info