🔧 BUILD So I did a thing, ver.EV

General Information

2022 Mach-E GT with all the bells and whistles. Performance package, extended batt, mag ride, blah blah blah. Bought this one from Bull Valley Ford with a little under 4k miles.

It's a giant RC car that's really fun to drive. I wish the BO Stereo was WAY better than it actually is, but I'll take the L on that bit for the slickness of the rest of the car.

Wifey will be using this to drive back and forth to work in Barrington. She's got access to a 7k charger at work.

Self installed a 50a circuit into the garage the day after buying it and it charges at a rate of about 50% capacity in ~6hrs with the included charger. Pretty solid.

Now to see how it suffers through the winter, cuz yeah, it's being driven through the winter.

Traded in the 2020 escape titanium 2.0 turbo for this... It was a decent car too, but lost the love for it rather quickly.

Let's see how long this sticks around!

20231020_134724.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Flipping through different tires and found these Continental Control Contact tires:

Anyone have experience with them? They seem to offer a more quiet and comfortable ride over the cross climate 2s. Still looking for their winter rating.
Those do look solid based on the reviews and specs. Another alternative would be these: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ch-E GT&autoModClar=Performance Edition, eAWD

Can't say enough good things about the true all-season abilities. We put these on pretty much every car that rolls through that doesn't require something stickier.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Flipping through different tires and found these Continental Control Contact tires:

Anyone have experience with them? They seem to offer a more quiet and comfortable ride over the cross climate 2s. Still looking for their winter rating.
Yes, I listed them on my list of Continental tires I've had on my vehicles of recent on the last page. I've had them on the '07 and '15 vans. Again, Continental with their current line of tires are tires that do well in every category for the most part, last forever, are quiet and do so at a price point lower than much of the big dollar tires like Michelin's (which are generally best in class overall). The Conti's nip at their heel in virtually every category but are substantially less.

Reactions: Eagle

Thread Info