Smoking / Vaping / Gum

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I looked down the juice road and never really pursued it. I'd probably end up screwing enough of it up that I'd never want to try making it again. Totally agree on the kid thing tho. When mine were little it wasn't such a big deal but now that they're bigger the oldest gives me hell about smoking and I've already slowed way down on drinking from what I used to. It takes me about a month to finish a 12 pack now and when I do have a couple it's sittin out in the shop where they cant see it lol.

I quit smoking about three years ago. After multiple tries (I smoked for more than 10 years) I finally understood that it was better to quit suddenly. I thought about taking Chantix (you know, the advertisement looked persuasive), but having checked the info about it on the CanadaDrugs site, I found out that patients have reported a great number of neuropsychiatric side effects, so I decided not to take it. I just replaced smoking with other activities, for example, I started drinking my morning coffee with sweets (I replaced cigarettes with them) and instead of going out to smoke at work I played on my phone :)

Reactions: sktchy

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Smoked from 16 to 35ish. Quit cold turkey about 10yrs ago, thats the one and only time I ever tried quitting. I was at about 2 packs a day and closer to 3 packs on days where I would get hammered. I started jogging when I quit, so I really didnt put much weight on from quitting. I went from barely being able to run a block, to running 5k's rather quickly, 3-4 months maybe. Only time it bothered me was when I was drinking or working on a car in my garage. After 6ish months the urges went from a few times a week to once or twice a month. I still love the smell of it though lol. My Dad smoked for 40yrs, quit cold turkey as well.

Every single person I know that did it anyway besides cold turkey went back to some form of smoking or started chewing. Imo, it all boils down to will power, either you have it or you dont, there is no in between. You also really have to want to quit. Cant be telling yourself, I'll quit next Monday, or I'll quit at the end of the month. It doesnt work that way, your lying to yourself. When your ready to quit and dedicate yourself to quitting, you just stop, period, end of story.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Every single person I know that did it anyway besides cold turkey went back to some form of smoking or started chewing. Imo, it all boils down to will power, either you have it or you dont, there is no in between. You also really have to want to quit. Cant be telling yourself, I'll quit next Monday, or I'll quit at the end of the month. It doesnt work that way, your lying to yourself. When your ready to quit and dedicate yourself to quitting, you just stop, period, end of story.
100% agree there. Which is why I'm still smoking. I just enjoy it too much. I tried vaping a few times. The first time I did it I didn't have a cig for over 6 months but my wife was quitting at the same time and she cheated and that was my excuse to go out and buy a pack. A few years later I tried vaping again but it just didn't take I couldn't find anything that kicked that craving without being a major pita!

My wife has quit now 6 years, she hated smoking the last few years so it was a motivation for her. I've been smoking over 25 years now and as long as I still enjoy it I don't think I'll be able to quit. I'd be totally happy to smoke here and there but I'm just not built that way, best I can do is a handful a day.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I started smoking in the late 80 and I smoked for a long time but I stopped regularly smoking around 2001, and then would sneak some here and there. I vaped starting in 2020 for a year and a half.

I've been chewing the gum now for a couple of months, it takes the edge off.

The health issues from long term smoking are profound cap42, my grandmother and dad had major health issues from it starting in their late 50s. Respectfully speaking, don't kid yourself about how you pay for it later in life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info