Smoking / Vaping / Gum

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i tend to chain smoke when out racing. idk why. just because thats what im used to?

if im not around any smokers, i typically dont smoke much at all. but once im around those that smoke, im doing it.

i notice when im home with the fam, i can pretty much go all weekend without a stick, but if i get hammered or high, then its another story.

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I really need to quit smoking, tired of smelling like smoke, finding the butts around my yard and it's definitely not good for me as well as what the things cost anymore. Problem is I like doing it, and if I have them I'm gonna smoke em. I've tried all sorts of vape stuff but for me the best thing I've found is one of the smaller open pod devices. Not near as messy and about the size of a lighter. The technology on them has come quite a ways to where they do just as good as the big mods anymore.

The problem is when I'm almost out I just go buy a pack and the cycle repeats itself. No one around me smokes anymore, it's getting cold out again, I've quit before, but as soon as I try I get to that cranky stage and it's just easier to go get a pack. It's a mf.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
My wife suggested the gum, I had never used it before. I have been buying the 4mg Nicorette, currently working my way through a 160 packet of cinnamon flavor. They say it's normal to chew one every one to two hours until you feel like you can taper off. I'm somewhere in there, this morning was stressful with the 'net outage so I had 4 over the course of 4-5 hours.

I will say it does help with the craving. When I tried to quit vaping before I'd just go and get more juice.

When I quit smoking cigs, I started cutting down from a pack a day to half to a handful. Then one day I just went for it.

Reactions: sktchy

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i tried the vape stuff... but i feel like all it made me want more was a real smoke.
(same thing with me when i smoke a cigar......)

sure, i smoked less when i was using the vap, but i gave that up real quick when i was still having cravings and too annoying to deal with the batteries, juice, coils, ect...

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I used to smoke maybe half a pack a day. Now I vape like a chimney. I think part of it is because I have low nicotine and low wattage so Iā€™m never really getting that cigarette hit.
giphy.gif

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
It's definitely not the same effect unless you get a high nicotine juice that makes you cough your balls off. The hard part for me is being out in my garage if I'm not busy or when driving. In both scenarios I'm so used to smoking that it's almost second nature. But if I'm at work or somewhere else I can't smoke I don't even think about it. Until I walk out the door and then the first thing I wanna go for is a smoke. It seems like it should be so easy to quit but it's arguably the hardest habit I've ever tried to break.

Reactions: Fish

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Yeah nicotine juice would make me cough, never did find a flavor I liked either. DanJ DanJ I think I was buying the 6% salt nicotine juice.

I don't miss lighting up a cig any more, I'm good around it. But man I would like to hit the vape right now even though I was getting tired carrying it around, and having it spill. I never tried the cartridge ones.

Time for another gum, I started worke 2.5 hours earlier than normal I want to go to bed haha.

Reactions: DanJ and sktchy

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
This is what I use these days. Fairly cheap and the pods are refillable for whatever juice you want so it makes it convenient at least. I should try the gum but if it's anything like the patches I hate that sick light headed feeling I get. I use 3% nic juice in this, technically it's a salt nic device but I tried a bottle of 20% that it's designed for and two puffs was like i smoked a Marlboro red all in one drag so I backed it way down to what I used in the bigger mod prior to switching to this.

20211109_143811.jpg

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
That's what it was like when I tried the 20mg for the first time plus the juice was apparently iced like a menthol and I just can't do it. I didn't figure the 3mg would even be worth trying but with the smaller 15w device it actually gives a really flavorful hit and a fairly decent cloud. Plus it beats the hell out of carrying a box mod around and dealing with messy fillups or swapping / wrapping coils. Pop the top fill it up and when the coils toast u just toss the whole pod. I just need to stop buying smokes and use it ?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I honestly would do what ever is cheapest. I actually went to a shop in Elk Grove and was talking to the kid behind the counter and he mentioned different tanks and coils can hit differently as well. I bought a Smok TF9 tank to replace the TFBF that came with my box since buying coils for it is neigh impossible at times and can only find at certain online places. Never at a shop.

I love my Vapecraft juice in 6mg variety.

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Different tanks and coils make a huge difference. I went down the rabbit hole hard enough at one point I was wrapping wire around a screwdriver on an rda deck and stuffing it with cotton. At that point in time it was the only way to get a good tasting hit but you had to have it just right or you'd just end up playing with it rather than using it and dripping the juice is a rather large hassle. With the mesh coils on most stuff today there isn't much need for that. Smok is pretty ok. Uwell and voopoo would be my recommendations as far as brands for mods and both carry different models to suit just about anyone. Juice is super subjective even by day, somedays I'm down for funnel cake, others blueberry lemonade. I'd roll into a brick and mortar shop and ask those dudes what's up, if you find a good shop most of the time they'll be all lit on cbd and more than happy to tell you anything you wanna know.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
The vape mail ban thing has kind of put a damper on my operation. I make my own juice at home, but now none of my usual online vendors will ship concentrated nicotine. I bought a liter of 200mg/ml nicotine that I have in my freezer in amber glass bottles. Assuming zero loss I can make 33 liters or 8.8 gallons of finished 6mg juice with that. In theory I would like to quit before I go through almost 9 gallons of liquid, but Iā€™ve been addicted to some form of nicotine for the past 16 years. I suppose I could gradually start mixing the percent lower, but I donā€™t really want to. I think as our kid gets older and has a grasp on whatā€™s going on I would want to quit more. I just canā€™t imagine having beers without some sort of nicotine with it. I do really like those Zyn pouches when I canā€™t vape, but I wonder if they have the same horrible effects on your gums that dip does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info