Sleepers

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Lol hence why I don't get near 3800 engines. I'd try and build it and spend too much money doing nothing good with it. Are the blocks good for that much power and the pistons and all that?

i have the weakest version in my car that makes over 500whp on a mustang dyno stock everything but cam push rods springs retainers and timing chain

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Lol hence why I don't get near 3800 engines. I'd try and build it and spend too much money doing nothing good with it. Are the blocks good for that much power and the pistons and all that?

608whp here... Unfortunately putting it to the ground is a bit harder as well as the already mentioned weaker trans

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Hmmm very interesting. During the minibike shoot out I would very much like to peep your engine and learn more.

Isn't it possibly to ghetto rig a better tranny in place? I mean you'd have to go frankestein on it but it may work? And even though they're mounted sideways wouldn't it be possible to go crazy with a cutting torch and make it sit front to back and put a regular tranny on and cut a driveshaft tunnel mount a rear end and then get a nice suspension setup? May be crazy but for a track only car possibly worth it?

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Hmmm very interesting. During the minibike shoot out I would very much like to peep your engine and learn more.

Isn't it possibly to ghetto rig a better tranny in place? I mean you'd have to go frankestein on it but it may work? And even though they're mounted sideways wouldn't it be possible to go crazy with a cutting torch and make it sit front to back and put a regular tranny on and cut a driveshaft tunnel mount a rear end and then get a nice suspension setup? May be crazy but for a track only car possibly worth it?

From my limited knowledge of the 3800 community I can at least tell you the RWD w-body has been thoroughly, thoroughly discussed.

Also, not too much ***-rigging would be necessary, the base model Firebirds and Camaro F-Bodys have 3800 Series II's into a RWD tranny. I THINK the tranny was the same as the LS1 f-bods, but don't quote me.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
What's tough with the fbodies is why even mess with a v6 when gods gift of an engine is right there

thats the only thing stoping me, I've seriously looked at 3 camaro rollers, i know there is no way in hell i could bring myself to put a 3800 in there when i know a perfectly good 5.3 would do the job better for less money

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info