Site might start operating faster for some

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
When I first went to the Caddy forum, I thought I went to the wrong site. I was like "WTF is this?"

The banners across the top, the pictures suck in terms of quality in general. It's like they stretched a picture that wasn't taken in that format...

I think other than the fecesbook style layout, it's the fact that each post is hard to separate from the ones above and below it because there it isn't a clean setup. Then add in ads (pointing finger at Caddy forum here...), then all the avatars and signatures... It's just a colossal mess.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Might be a placebo (and it might be b/c the site is pretty dead around this time) but I am seeing a speed boost on both my laptop and phone.

they don't provide any metrics?

is a CDN required for a forum for dem speeds? i've run forums, none for a long time though, never used a CDN. none as big/active as this one though.

i've never run a CDN for my websites as i figured it would provide more international benefit than domestic. my car/travel/computer sites all get some international traffic, but i've still never tried to set one up (probably doesn't meaningfully matter for my lil sites, but technical me still wants to do it for one just to learn more about it.)

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
they don't provide any metrics?

is a CDN required for a forum for dem speeds? i've run forums, none for a long time though, never used a CDN. none as big/active as this one though.

i've never run a CDN for my websites as i figured it would provide more international benefit than domestic. my car/travel/computer sites all get some international traffic, but i've still never tried to set one up (probably doesn't meaningfully matter for my lil sites, but technical me still wants to do it for one just to learn more about it.)

JHq84cm.png

byIs3zl.png

tp5URnl.png

Thread Info