• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Sexy Daily Driver? Let hear some opinions!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

Looks good to me. That's basically my car except the 04' - 05's had the 4.4L 325HP V8 and the 06+ got the 4.8L 360HP V8. I haven't driven a 6 speed 545 but I bet the only place you'd notice the power difference is on the expressway. On the street the car has enough torque to make it really interesting when you turn off traction control. But you're talking about something that has a lot of features, has handling that's considered top notch and is an overall blast to drive and you can get in the door for little money. Plus they're relatively reliable.

Really? The 545's are that cheap now? What kind of mileage?

If you go with a 545i you can get nice examples for 14 - 15k. Hell, you can pick up 08' 535s for a little over 22k but I wanted a 6 speed manual and couldn't find one with it. I'm not even sure if it was an option. A couple thousand dollars extra puts the 535 into solid 12 second territory though. For the price of a G8 you can have a car that does everything better than the G8.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The bimmer would be faster (after light mods), handle better, get better gas mileage and the interiors aren't even comparable. Those mid-2000 Chrysler interiors weren't exactly dripping in luxury or even respectable build quality for that matter.

Honestly all it would need to break 400whp/420wtq is a tune and meth which can be installed in a matter of 30 minutes and cost less than a grand. Maybe a couple hundred more for a plug and play harness for a jb4.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
i would go the beeemer for mpg as well as awd...

The bimmer would be faster (after light mods), handle better, get better gas mileage and the interiors aren't even comparable. Those mid-2000 Chrysler interiors weren't exactly dripping in luxury or even respectable build quality for that matter.

i agree - but there is just something about that srt magnum that i :nutz:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info