Jim

tv show workaholics GIF

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Kids won't know this wonderful gloriousness as the ice cream man came down the block and you paid your $0.75 for a choco taco.
Easy on the "dislike" button, it negatively affects reaction scores. IKR?

Yesterday, while down at my dad's, we were outside chatting with some of his new neighbors. I heard the noise, and my left ear perked up (deaf in the right one), then some of the older folk's eyes turned towards the horizon. The kids couldn't put down their phones and didn't have the Pavlovian responses that we did.

Minutes later, sure enough...

I busted out some cash and everyone got some ice cream. No choco taco's even listed.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Yesterday, while down at my dad's, we were outside chatting with some of his new neighbors. I heard the noise, and my left ear perked up (deaf in the right one), then some of the older folk's eyes turned towards the horizon. The kids couldn't put down their phones and didn't have the Pavlovian responses that we did.

I busted out some cash and everyone got some ice cream. No choco taco's even listed.
I haven't seen an ice cream truck in ages :(

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That’s because the Karen’s of America dont like the song as it disrupts ( insert something they like here )
I vaguely recall an episode of Bones where an ice cream truck was pacing the lead characters as they walked down the sidewalk. Booth (David Boreanaz) was getting really annoyed with the music as it was so loud, and he and Bones couldn't keep their conversation going. So he keeps yelling at the driver to turn it down, which he doesn't. After a few exchanges Booth unholsters his service weapon and shoots the clown head on the top of the truck, therefor shutting down the music. :ROFLMAO:

• Dislike
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg

LOL my childhood ears could recognize that jingle from miles away. Would hop on bicycle with a mission of hunting them down.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Since I usually can't eat just two, I try to not keep too many ice cream treats in the freezer. Costco had the Drumsticks on sale, I think a box of 16 was like $6.50. It had "bad idea" written all over it, as I loaded a few into the cart. I try to have some self-control and just have one per day. The g/f, nope. She tore through 12 of them in a three-day weekend.

There was a company called 600lb Gorillas that made some damn good ice cream sandwiches, but after farming out the work the quality suffered greatly. So they shut everything down since it was a family owned business. I'd buy 6 or 7 boxes of 12 (or 15?) at a time.

• Dislike

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Oh wait Fuck you

Fuck snopes, they've been proven to be a bunch of hacks.

From the source article:
Is the Choco Taco gone for good?

At first the call center agent had no idea what I was talking about, but when she inquired internally about the rumor, she confirmed it to be true.

“The Choco Taco has been discontinued,” she said. Holy crap. Straight from the source.

Klondike specified one- and four-packs were both being discontinued, meaning that both the unit size sold by ice cream trucks and the multi-packs sold at the grocery store have been axed. Asked why the Choco Taco was going away, the rep replied diplomatically that the decision was made for a variety of reasons, as well as to make room for newer options. This is the same reasoning we heard from Taco Bell when several beloved items were discontinued in an act of “menu streamlining” that aimed to clear space for fresh innovations. (Or maybe just to cut costs and increase profits?)

I’m sure plenty of you will be heartbroken by this news; Choco Tacos are a top-tier ice cream selection for some people, and have been since their inception in the 1980s. I was certainly known to chow down on them when I was a kid. So it brings me no joy to be the bearer of bad news. Social media rumors don’t always prove to be true, but in the case of the Choco Taco, this one is sadly based in fact. RIP, Choco Taco, 1984-2022.

Reading is hard.

• Dislike

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Fuck snopes, they've been proven to be a bunch of hacks.

From the source article:
Is the Choco Taco gone for good?

At first the call center agent had no idea what I was talking about, but when she inquired internally about the rumor, she confirmed it to be true.

“The Choco Taco has been discontinued,” she said. Holy crap. Straight from the source.

Klondike specified one- and four-packs were both being discontinued, meaning that both the unit size sold by ice cream trucks and the multi-packs sold at the grocery store have been axed. Asked why the Choco Taco was going away, the rep replied diplomatically that the decision was made for a variety of reasons, as well as to make room for newer options. This is the same reasoning we heard from Taco Bell when several beloved items were discontinued in an act of “menu streamlining” that aimed to clear space for fresh innovations. (Or maybe just to cut costs and increase profits?)

I’m sure plenty of you will be heartbroken by this news; Choco Tacos are a top-tier ice cream selection for some people, and have been since their inception in the 1980s. I was certainly known to chow down on them when I was a kid. So it brings me no joy to be the bearer of bad news. Social media rumors don’t always prove to be true, but in the case of the Choco Taco, this one is sadly based in fact. RIP, Choco Taco, 1984-2022.

Reading is hard.
Meh who’s to say your random site is legit either. In reality IDGAF about ice cream being discontinued but maybe I’ll buy one and prove you wrong or maybe the shelves will be empty.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Meh who’s to say your random site is legit either. In reality IDGAF about ice cream being discontinued but maybe I’ll buy one and prove you wrong or maybe the shelves will be empty.
From Klondike itself, cant find any and the webpage for the choco taco product page redirects to the home page.

its dead.

1658780978541.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info