Resto mod you can drive or real muscle car you can rope off and look at?

Resto Mod or Daily Driver?

• Resto Mod Daily Driver

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Garage Queen

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Screw it, I'm driving the real thing every day

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
The stock muscle car era cars drove like garbage mostly. Brakes just bad if stock discs, actual deathtraps if stock drums. Wobbly suspension, wheelhop. I've driven quite a few different cars from back then. Nobody ever did anything to them but make them faster. That's why I would never have a stock anything from then.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
What would I rather have or rather drive? Apples to oranges IMO. I want both for different reasons.

My GN is the nice car that rarely gets driven. It's mostly original and I actually plan to keep it that way. I will also never get rid of it. It's a great car to to take to local car shows, look at, keep perfect, and just say that I have it.

Then I have my '02 Camaro shitbox. I don't even like F-bodies. The only reason I have it is because it's cheap, easy to get parts, Buick powered, and worthless regardless of what happens to it. I love it. I can beat the crap out of it without worrying about rock chips or blowing it up unlike the Buick which will ruin me any time I need to fix something. This car is also wayyy more fun to drive and has taught me a ton about modifying stuff. It's worth all the sneers by snobby old people. lol

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
The stock muscle car era cars drove like garbage mostly. Brakes just bad if stock discs, actual deathtraps if stock drums. Wobbly suspension, wheelhop. I've driven quite a few different cars from back then. Nobody ever did anything to them but make them faster. That's why I would never have a stock anything from then.

This all day long.

I had a '69 428 Mach 1 and the soon to be Mrs. had a 72 454 SS Chevelle & we beat the piss out of both cars. But in truth they were really only good at going in a straight line.

Not to mention I'd be afraid to take either one out of the garage nowadays after watching the Barrett - Jackson Auctions. Back in 1985 they were cheap and fun.

That said. I'd rather drive a well done restomod.

kallo07

Regular
May 12, 2012
a9e5db7eba1be045eabad8266b3d7061.plist

I’m resto-modding my 66 mustang hardtop!!! No way will I have it all original..

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Restomod for sure.

The dream would be a white 64 Rivera with an LS motor, auto, and decent brakes possibly even on air ride. Ohh and a really nice stereo that is nothing but a Bluetooth adapter direct into a preamp and some damn nice components. no screens and no distractions. Nothing crazy either just a stock LS1 no turbos or blowers and normal brakes that can clear 17” wheels. Shit the Body doesn’t even need to be great.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’m afraid to ask. What makes 94% of them built wrong? Mismatched parts that don’t work together? Half-assed build quality?

100%

You have a fantastic, solid exception to this.

Youre in that 6% lol.

You should have seen some of the hacks I saw... Just to put LS SWAP, VINTAGE AIR, EDLEBROCK HERPA DERPA BORLA MUFFLEERS, on the info card

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
100%

You have a fantastic, solid exception to this.

Youre in that 6% lol.

You should have seen some of the hacks I saw... Just to put LS SWAP, VINTAGE AIR, EDLEBROCK HERPA DERPA BORLA MUFFLEERS, on the info card

why thank you sir, you know how to make a girl blush. Most don’t address brakes and suspension correctly imo. A body’s have laughingly bad bump steer.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I would much rather have a modified vehicle that looks mostly stock from the outside. Although I'm not into 20" wheels on classic muscle I will say that bigger brakes, better suspension more power (always) are game fucking on. Also in terms of electronics subtle mods are great and if it's an 80s era car hell yeah rip the dash out and put in something modern. Those sucked anyways. If it's a more 60s style dash where it's all metal and got nice looking gauges etc. leave it the hell be.

Reactions: frank

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
It really depends on the vehicle and if I’m paying for it. My Buick? Restomod for sure. Engine isn’t original and now most of it isn’t that isn’t the body and interior.

If money is no object I’d buy a bone stock 69 Plymouth superbird with 426 hemi and 4 speed manual and drive the shit out of it. I’d love to experience that car for what it was in ‘69.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
It really depends on the vehicle and if I’m paying for it. My Buick? Restomod for sure. Engine isn’t original and now most of it isn’t that isn’t the body and interior.

If money is no object I’d buy a bone stock 69 Plymouth superbird with 426 hemi and 4 speed manual and drive the shit out of it. I’d love to experience that car for what it was in ‘69.

We’ve been spoiled. It’ll be cool for a summer but you’d hate it after that. Same reason nobody wants to drive original model t’s lol. Just my opinion.
If money’s no object I’m buying a fuel injected C2. Wouldn’t update it but even if the value tanked, I still wouldn’t choose to drive it unless the rare occasion I felt like it.
Btw, how’s your car coming??

Thread Info